[ 030 ] last day on earth.

FOUND LANDS.

chapter thirty, last day on earth.
[ season six, episode sixteen ]

IF THEY THOUGHT THEIR day couldn't get any worse. It does. It certainly does. Their lives end the second Maggie collapsed in her house while screaming in nothing but utter pain.

Enid had rushed from the house, screaming for help. She didn't know what to do. She was scared and confused.

Alexandria's problems began that morning when Carol was discovered to be missing. Then Daryl decided to go on a crazy suicide mission to avenge Denise. Glenn, Michonne, Rosita, and Odessa all chased after Daryl to stop him from getting himself killed. Then Maggie started screaming.

No one can figure out what's wrong with her. Everyone's first thoughts are something is wrong with the baby. They don't have a doctor or anyone remotely close to one here.

They decide their best solution lies in the Hilltop Colony hours away. Doctor Harlan Carson, they man they saved, was an obstetrician before the Fall.

Everyone loads up in the RV. Cole sits in the back with Maggie, he brushes her newly cut sweaty hair away from her face.

She has tears in her eyes. "Cole—"

Cole interrupts her. "Don't talk, Maggie."

"If I die..." she sniffs. "If I die and my baby dies, I want you to tell Glenn that I love him."

"You're not going to die today, Maggie. Neither is your baby. Okay, I promise you." Cole whispers to her.

"You can't promise something like that." Maggie groans.

"I just did. And I don't break my promises." Cole kisses her forehead before standing. Aaron takes his place in the back room with Maggie.

Theo sits on the couch in the RV. Cole ignores him. Eugene sits by the young man. There are others. Abraham, Sasha, Carl, Rick.

They leave Alexandria. And for some, they won't return.

They drive until they come to a slow. "What?" Rick moves forward.

Theo looks out of the windshield. Parked several yard away are three vehicles. There's a group of men standing around them, all holding guns. There's another man laying in the ground.

"Enemy close." Abraham announces. "We doin' this?"

"No." Rick says. He moved away from Abraham and Sasha. Abraham shuts the RV off and in a line, everyone expect Maggie and Cole get out.

Cole watches from inside the RV, his heart beats all too quickly in his chest.

"He's someone who was with a whole lot of someones who didn't listen." The front Savior says.

"We can make a deal, right here, right now."
Rick attempts to negotiate.

"That's right, we can. Give us all your stuff. We'll probably have to kill one of you. That's just the way it is, but then we can start moving forward on business. All you have to do is listen." The front man says.

"Yeah... that deal's not gonna work for us. Fact is, I was gonna ask for your stuff ,only I'm thinking I don't have to kill any of you. Any more of you." Rick tilts his head to the side.

A man behind the front Savior shakes up a can of spray paint. He leans down and spray paints something onto the man on the ground. Theo's brows furrow.