[ 014 ] only your beginning.

FOUND LANDS.

chapter fourteen, only your beginning.
[ season five, episode thirteen ]

A PARTY. ODESSA CAN'T believe it. These people are crazy, like batshit crazy. Who throws parties during the apocalypse? It's not necessary to their survival.

Deanna has asked them to get dressed up and come to a goddamn party. It's so weird.

So that's what Odessa does because Rick told her she had. She's his daughter and he's the new constable. They need to make a good appearance.

Rosita picks out Odessa's outfit. It's simple but nice. A pair of black jeans and a blue sweater. It's weird to dress up nice again.

Rosita even straightens Odessa hair. She's wary about that. Rosita tells her she needs a hair cut and she would gladly do it for her. Odessa agrees.

So instead of the two women showing up with who they were supposed to, they both show up twenty minutes late and with each other.

When they arrive, Odessa's hair no long reaches her waist. It ends just below her shoulders. Beth would've loved it, Odessa notes.

When they walk in, both women stand by the door for a second. "Oh, Jesus." Odessa whispers when she sees the amount of people in Deanna's house.

"Rosita! Odessa!" A voice calls. Both turn their attention. It's Kathleen. She approaches them both with a big smile. "Thank you for coming, ladies. It's means so much to Deanna and I."

Rosita nods. "What else is there to do?"

Kathleen laughs. "You are correct. What else is there to do here?"

Odessa moves away from the two women and glances around for her father. She swiftly grabs a beer off the table and sits in a chair. She gets comfortable and it's not long before Noah finds her and wedges himself in the seat beside her.

She smiles softly at the boy. "Hey, Noah." She says.

He gives her a loop-sided smile and leans his head on top of hers. She sighs and shuts her eyes.

Noah has been there for her a lot since the loss of Beth. He loved her too. They were friends. She gave her life for his in a way. Before the fall of the prison Odessa would have hated Noah for it. She would have despised him. But now? She appreciates him. He was there for Beth in a time when she had no one else. And for that Odessa would forever be grateful.

"Want some?" She asks him while holding up the beer. He takes it from her hand and takes a swig. His face scrunches up.

"Jesus," he coughs. "How does Abraham drink that stuff?"

"I have no idea." She shakes her head. "Abraham is the size of a grizzly. A ginger one."

Noah laughs. "I think he's on his sixth one right now." Both teens tilt their heads backwards to look at the man.

He senses someone looking at him and after several seconds of looking around to find the culprit his eyes land on Noah and Odessa.

Both teens smile and wave. Abraham waves back.

Suddenly, a little boy comes racing at the two.

"Hi! I'm Sam!" He greets them.

"I'm Odessa," she says in return.

"I'm Noah." Noah tells him.

"Do you want a stamp?" He looks between them.

Noah nods and the Sam stamps a red A right on the back of Noah's hand. Then Sam looks hopefully at Odessa.