[ 019 ] wolves not far.

FOUND LANDS.

chapter ninteen, wolves not far.
[ season six, episode two ]

THE NEW WORLD ORDER is death. That's all it is. Whether the death is a sacrifice, an innocent person murdered, someone bit by a walker and turned. It's death. The world is death.

The first day of the apocalypse, Odessa cried because she was worried about her dad. She didn't know what was going on in the world. She just knew they couldn't get to her father and that's what scared her the most.

Odessa would never have classified herself as a strictly good person. Sure she took care of her brother and had good grades. But she got into fights at school, she smoked weed sometimes, she even got drunk once at a party.

Shane picked her up and she made him promise to never tell her parents. She assumes he didn't because her father has never brought it up.

In this new world, people have changed. Some have changed for the better. And some have changed for the worst.

Odessa is one of the rare ones that have changed for both good and bad.

Odessa stands on the porch with Judith in her arms when she hears the first scream. She jumps and wraps her arms tighter around Judith.

Her eyes widen when a dirty man comes running from seemingly nowhere and slices Shelly across the stomach. She gasps but quickly goes silent. She quietly steps inside and locks the door.

She looks at Carol who stands in the kitchen. Carol looks at her and sees the horror in her eyes. "People got over the walls," she says quietly.

Carol nods and rushes to grab Odessa's arm. "You have to stay here and protect your siblings, okay?"

"Where are you going?" Odessa panics.

"I have to save them," Carol says as Carl rushes down the stairs with a gun in hand.

"I saw them from upstairs. They're coming in from all over." Carl says.

"Stay here. Both of you," Carol orders. They nod. Odessa rushes up the steps of the house and puts Judith in her nursery.

When she comes back down she sees Enid. "Hey," Odessa says. "When did you get here?"

"Like three seconds ago." Enid answers.

"Okay," Odessa nods. Then she looks at Carl. "Don't tell Carol."

"Do not." Carl shakes his head. "If you go outside this house I swear I'll tell her and Dad."

"I can't just sit in here and do nothing, Carl. You and Enid can protect Judith and each other. Don't be stupid while I'm gone."

Then she sneaks out of the back door. As soon as the door closes behind her the horn starts to blare. She stops dead in her tracks.

Walkers.

Any walker within a thirty mile radius will hear that horn and come straight for Alexandria.

"Oh, God." Odessa whispers. She squeezes her eyes shut. "Okay, Odessa. You can do this."

She takes off.

With her pistol in hand, she searches for Alexandrian's in need of help.

When she rounds a house, there is a man stabbing his blade into the chest of an Alexandrian woman repeatedly. She stops and presses herself to the wall of the house.