𝟏

Heat slowly sunk through my skin as my eyes slowly flutter open, sand was surrounding me whilst it had warped around my figure.

Confusion then sunk in as I stood up and looked down to see my hands that had tiny grains of sand on them whilst they were so small, I was so young and only a toddler as I looked around confused.

My parents; they were gone, I needed to find them.

Nothing was there for me to protect my feet from the warm sand that was slightly burning my feet now, there was nothing near that I could use to help me but I noticed a figure.

Someone or something was walking towards my direction, they must of noticed me.

Wind suddenly grew strong causing sand to fly into my eyes which irritated them so I used my arm to shield them and started walking forward, I could feel my hair moving around rapidly with the wind which was causing it to become a struggle to move somewhat due to the strength.

The wind then grew weak causing me to move my arm and notice a man walking towards me, they must of been the figure that I noticed earlier.

Hope quickly fuelled me causing me to increase my speed that I was approaching the stranger at, I had no reason to trust this person and everything told me to run away but he was the only hope I currently have.

I stopped once I was in front of the man and noticed a shadow suddenly casting on the sand and turned to see a tall figure that had no neck but string flowing down with a bird's skull for a head, nothing was inside the head from the view I currently had which was something I never saw before.

The clothes the figure had was similar to mine in a way as it had the same colour and had the same moon pattern I had on my clothing and his clothing matched the colour of mine, I turned my head in curiosity as I looked at the bird man.

I saw the moon on his chest and looked at my shirt then rolled a sleeve up to reveal a similar symbol that was drawn onto my skin, my parents had drawn it a few times on me but never explained what it meant so it peaked my interest.

"I like your moon, bird person!" I spoke with excitement in Arabic.

The bird man turned to look at the human stood beside him who seemed to be curious about my reaction and how I could see him, he turned to look at the bird man too before picking me up.

For some reason, I didn't question this.

I tried to grab onto the bird god and reached out for him which confused the avatar so he stood in front of him so I could reach him, the bird didn't seem happy with this as the wind picked up once again.

"Don't let that thing touch me." It spoke in disgust.

I reached out for the moon on his chest and he watched in curiosity but nothing happened and I looked up at the bird in confusion, my parents never told me what to do if I had met this god or what to do.

"Khonshu!" I grinned.

Arthur would adopt me not long after and return to London with both Khonshu and Y/N, the god took awhile to adjusting to the new friend and was confused on how they were able to see them if they were not an avatar.

A few years had passed and Khonshu no longer worked with Arthur after he helped Y/N run away from him after agreeing to him no longer being his avatar due to his obsession with Ammit, Khonshu had seen the abuse that Y/N suffered under Arthur's guidance and hated it and decided to act at some point.