𝟕

I decided to check on Steven, luckily my injuries weren't that serious from the road accident Steven caused but Marc helped me get medical care.

Well, he had to or else Khonshu would of continued to threaten him.

I knock at the door but I could hear Steven messing with the walls or something but he quickly lets out some curses then opens the door, I was in a formal suit as always but looked like shit due to what had happened but gave him a smile.

"Y/N, are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

I was praying he wouldn't make the connection.

"Yeah, I got jumped yesterday. I'm fine now, no need to worry." I respond, smiling.

Steven nodded his head in concern and allows me to step into his apartment and I notice his fish, I walk over to it and look at it for a moment and it turned to look at me so I gave it a smile.

Marc and Steven have a pet fish, interesting.

I glance to look at the room to see it was mostly books and puzzles whilst he had sand surrounding his bed, it must of been an attempt to try and prevent Marc from doing his job but it seemed he's outsmarted Steven's system.

I notice the pile of objects on the table including the storage key.

Oh, fuck.

-

I hurried to the storage location and didn't bother trying to get Khonshu's attention about the situation but rather took the first bus there, I had a spare key due to my connection to the whole situation and walked to the front desk.

I gave them my name but said my surname as Spector and lying by saying I was married to Marc, it didn't seem to matter as the employee just took me to the storage locker regardless and I thanked him.

Once the employee left, Khonshu appeared in front of me.

"Why are you here?

"Steven knows. He knows about Marc, he found his not so well-hidden storage in the walls." I sighed.

Steven was a great guy but I didn't want him mixed into this, it was enough for him to work in the museum like the average person without knowing any of it.

Khonshu wasn't happy, he was clearly angry.

Before I knew it, he disappeared from thin air.

Welp, Rest In Peace to Steven.

-

Donna talked to me and was clearly was attempting to flirt with me which was annoying me but I tried to play oblivious and remained with my formalities, I hated this woman and just wanted to talk to Steven already.

Speaking of the devil, he rushed through the door clearly in a state of panic.

He was talking to J.B, he was clearly in distress.