𝟗

Majority of my memories from when I lived with Arthur was gone as I intentionally made it so I had forgotten them, I wanted all connections to him threaded expect for Khonshu but it seemed like I was never going to get that.

My head hurt and it was like I was hung over as if I had drank all the alcohol I could without getting alcohol poisoning, needless to say I didn't feel good and it caused me to stop thrashing around and trying to get out of the grip of whoever was restraining me.

"There's chaos in you." Arthur spoke.

It was clear that he was taken aback and didn't expect the scales to be unbalanced and Steven didn't understand, it was clear that he knew nothing about this and I doubted Marc did.

Steven goes to speak but the doors suddenly open causing the follower to quickly let go of me as to not look suspicious as Arthur let go of Steven, Steven bolted over to me and dragged me out of that room and took us to the counter.

My head was spinning as it was probably a side effect of the fact now that I had triggered one memory, a lot more was coming back to surface which was the last thing I wanted in this moment which caused Steven confusion.

"Y/N, are you okay? Do you need a glass of water?" Steven asked.

I paused for a moment then put both hands on the counter to support myself as everything was starting to go blurry but I refused to pass out now, passing out meant that I would have to go home early and it wasn't helping with that injury I got yesterday to get the scarab.

The consequences of working with gods.

"I might need a glass of water, I'm fine other than that." I sighed.

I look to see Donna and we locked eyes for a moment and she notices that I clearly wasn't doing very well, I never reported my injuries to work to avoid any time off as leaving Steven alone in this place was risking Arthur grabbing him and the scarab.

Donna's heels were heard clicking towards me in a slightly faster pace she usually walked and Steven instantly recognised the sound too but was too worried to pretend to work, my head was hurting but luckily my bag would have some paracetamol or something.

I reach for my bag, it wasn't there.

Fuck.

The next thing I knew, my body collapsed causing me to drop onto the counter and my vision to go black.

-

I was sat reading a book about something but I was finding it difficult to read but found a ruler and used it to help me to read, the words danced on the pages slightly which was fun to watch but when I wanted to focus on reading it annoyed me.

The moving letters were fun but I wish I could control it when it came to moments like these, I couldn't even remember what I was reading about and it made me let out an annoyed sigh and slam the book closed.

"Trouble reading again?"

Khonshu was suddenly in the seat in front of me, holding his staff to the side whilst sitting on the chair.

"Yeah, the words won't stop moving." I sighed.

Khonshu tilted his head to the side slightly to show confusion, he had never heard of this problem before as none of his previous Avatars had this issue expect maybe one and they said it was something called 'dyslexia'.

It wasn't rare, it was fairly common but it wasn't uncommon for kids not to be dragonised until later in life which would explain Y/N's frustration.

"I believe that's called dyslexia, Arthur might know more about it then I."

Khonshu never watched his Avatar's read as he personally found it boring, Khonshu's main interests were justice and other things that I would listen to him ramble about.

He was often quiet but Khonshu could be talkative at times, allowing Khonshu to move at his own pace allowed me to grow close to him in a way.

"That's a weird word, maybe I'll ask Arthur later." I shrug.

I push the book to the side that was to study ancient Egypt and grabbed a comic book to the side of me and smiled, I loved reading comics as it had a lot less words and the drawings on them were really cool if you asked me.

Khonshu noticed that I was smiling a the comic and stood up to walk behind me, he leaned down to see what I was reading to see it was a vigilante comic book.

"That reminds me of a friend I have, a similar age to you."

I turn to look at Khonshu confused, I never doubted he knew other people but I never thought of the fact he would know others at a similar age to me.

"Can I meet them?"

"Sure, I'm sure they would be happy to meet you."

-

I wake up to be on the cold floor of the museum with my back on the wall instead of where I was earlier, my head didn't hurt as much luckily but I looked to my side to see my bag still wasn't there and let out an annoyed sigh.

Steven was stood there with a bottle of water and a packet of paracetamol whilst looking around anxiously, it was clear he had no clue on what he was doing so I stood up and made sure not to fall by using the wall as support.

"Y/N, you need to sit down. Donna went to get someone to help, she told me to make sure you took these." Steven rushed through his words.

I shook my head and took the bottle then stepped over to the counter and leaned on it as I tried to regain my sense of balance, I was happy that I got a happy memory to black out to instead one of the worst.

Steven moved to the side of me and took some paracetamol out of the package then offered it to me, I took it out of his hand with a smile then chugged some water with the medicine.

"I'm okay Steven, I know I scared you but I can assure you I'm okay now." I sighed.

My head still throbbed slightly but I believed it was more to do with the fact I hit my head on the counter instead of a side effect of my brain overwhelming itself,  I look up to see Khonshu and gave him a quick smile then stood up and Steven hovers beside me to catch me in case I fell.

Steven didn't know how to react by how I tried to shrug off everything that had just happened as if it wasn't real but he knew for certain that it wasn't a dream anymore, he knew that this was all real due to Arthur walking into the museum which meant he was going to beg Marc for answers or do something stupid.