𝟑𝟒

"The suit won't always save you."

It was true that the healing powers weren't going to keep me alive no matter what during fights and that I needed to be more careful, knocking people out weren't always a good idea as sometimes they would wake up sooner than expected and spring back up to fight again.

"I'm not killing them, Khonshu." I sighed, shaking my head.

Khonshu scoffed as I opened the door to the club and stepped inside, Marc was still with Layla and had gotten into another fight with her again causing me to leave early again.

They fought so often but it was a major one this time, she found out about his job change to a mercenary.

"You'll have to at some point, Y/N. You don't have to take your vegan lifestyle into your work."

I rolled my eyes.

"It's not about that, Khonshu." I spat.

A man looked at me confused in the club as I walked past him but I ignored him, I wasn't exactly someone who was fitting in due to the fact I was wearing a formal suit but that was normal attire for me.

"Then what is it? You're putting yourself at risk to save low lives, they do not deserve your mercy."

It wasn't mercy to anyone besides my sanity and stubbornness to not be like Arthur, Arthur wanted me to be a killer too and Khonshu understood that too so during the first month he didn't mind but now it was getting dangerous he did.

A frown came to my face and Khonshu realised that maybe he should be more careful about how he approaches this now, he was short-tempered and stubborn and knew how stubborn I was too but hated the thought of arguing with me.

"I'm trying to look after you Y/N, your mercy should be a gift."

I smirked at hearing that.

"Maybe I'm Meretseger in disguise?" I joked.

"Don't even remind me of them."

-

"Y/N, promise me you'll wait until you saw the man we described to you?" A woman spoke.

The sun blocked the light from revealing her face expect for the smile she had on her face with a tear slowly running past it, it was clear she was sad to leave me but was so proud of me.

"Of course, mom!" I nodded.

She smiled before kneeling to the floor and hugging me and I hugged her back with a smile, I thought that I would see her again.

"Your father and I won't be around after this, okay? Don't waste time looking for us." She sobbed.

Won't be around?

Did she- oh god.

She took her own life with my father, but why?

"Okay mom, I'll tell Khonshu!" I smiled.

She played with my hair for a moment before patting my hair and giving me a kiss on my forehead, it confused me as a child but then she walked in front me until she stepped into the hole we dug earlier.

My father was stood there too, he was crying too and aimed the gun at her.

They kissed and held hands before he shot her then himself.

When their bodies were out of view it revealed two figures watching, one in white and one in black.