𝟐𝟎

"We found her!" Arthur shouts in Arabic.

The scarab returns to it's golden plate in my palm and I grip onto it, I had no idea why Arthur wanted me to lead us and I assumed it was to try and make it so if I ran into Marc or Khonshu, I would blame myself.

Guilt always disturbs my conscience, Roro's death was the one that took the most effect on my now that I remembered.

Everyone was cheering and I saw a genuine smile on Arthur's face as he placed both hands on the shoulder of the man who had followed closely behind us, he was the same man who had came into Steven's apartment and took us both and the woman who also took us then walked towards us.

She was talking through the radio and I tried to listen in to what she was saying, I was praying it was what I thought it was.

The woman then hurried her pace and moved the radio to her side once she stood in front of Arthur, it only brought more hope to me by seeing the panic in their eyes to hear what the news was and the anxiety in the woman's eyes.

"Marc Spector is in Cairo, he's tracking us." She says.

All hope I had previously lost was now regained making me look down at the scarab with a smile, Arthur turns to see what my expression was so I quickly drop my smile before he could notice so it looked as if I was deep in thought.

He bought it and whispered that he knew to the woman, placing a hand on her shoulder then walked over to me.

Arthur had moved me back to the temporary housing they had built and he took me to mine then left after telling two of his followers to stay on guard, he thought that my guard would be down but he was very wrong.

I go to move towards the entrance when a wave of sickness and dizziness hit me with other symptoms that I never thought I would see again, though it wasn't the best timing it was the best I had gotten yet so I accepted it and my vision went black.

-

"Help!" I heard Marc scream.

I turn to see where it came from to see a white door with a large window on it that looked like a hospital door in front of me, I hesitated for a moment before standing.

What would Arthur say?

He was already mad at me for the whole drowning situation, I paused before slowly stepping over to the door and opening it.

I stepped through the door and I felt the temperature drop and looked around to see the two men but I recognise the one dressed in black, they hadn't seen me yet but I saw Marc stood in the corner and rushed over to him which caught their attention.

"Marc, why are you screaming?" I whispered to him.

He grabbed my arm and dragged me down a corridor as I heard the man in black shout after us but the other shouted my name with the same voice with Marc but older, it felt so weird and as if I was in some kind of dream.

What the hell was happening?

Marc pushed open a door and let me walk through first before rushing in after me, I could hear Marc shouting the name Steven.

Before I knew it, it was the day that Roro drowned playing again.

I wasn't in control of my own body as it felt like instead I was just watching my memories replay in front of me, it was terrifying and I wanted out desperately.

"Foods ready, who's hungry?" Marc's mum asked.

Suddenly, I was stood in the living room again and there was a strong gust of wind and I saw Khonshu stood in front of me.