𝟐𝟐

"Are you seriously talking about trust?" Anton spat.

Humans could be so greedy and be blinded by the gluttony and greed, it honestly brought a disgusted look on my face every time I saw it happen and now was one of those times.

"Please! There is no need to descend into violent accusations." Arthur spoke up.

They all fell silent as Arthur grabbed my arm and pulled me forward to walk at the same pace as him, it now became clear to Marc that something was wrong and he looked at my outfit in confusion.

"Each one of you have so much more in common than you know." He grinned.

He continued to slowly pace towards them whilst watching me in the corner of his eye as he thought that I would run, I knew this was the worst timing to run and instead locked eyes with Marc and gave him a quick, weak smile which he returned.

Arthur then paused and turned to look at me, it was clear what he wanted me to do and I hesitated which turned his expression towards me sour.

Fuck, do it yourself old man!

God damn, I can't wait for you to be in a retirement home.

"Layla." I cleared my throat.

Instant death stare, to be expected.

I tried to give her a smile but she didn't seem very happy which was understandable, I was just seen with the enemy and had made no attempt to even help them and was now accepting to do this.

Fucking hell, this was going to be the worse.

"You believe that distance will protect you from the harm of the wounds of your father's murder from re-opening." I spoke.

Marc gave me a look that told me to stop, I couldn't.

He would be hurt, I knew Arthur was going to hurt him regardless but this was different.

A different kind of hurt, a hurt that I knew was coming soon that he would only make worse.

"But something stands in the way." I choke out.

I could feel Arthur's smile grow on his face behind me, meanwhile Marc kept shaking his head whilst I paused for a moment to hold back tears that were about to spill.

This was the worst.

"Your.. ex-husband- doesn't tell the truth." I spat out.

Layla's face seemed to drop for a moment as she turns to give Marc a dirty look, she no longer cared about the fact I just personally attacked her with her past or was working to help release Ammit but cared more about a new possible secret.

"Marc." I sighed.

Arthur seemed to be excited for this one, childhood friends now turning sour because of some stupid ancient god drama.

Wow, what a way to end a friendship! Right, Arthur?

"You don't tell her because you know that if you do- she'll see you as how you see yourself." I spoke.

It was obvious I was dreading the next part and was hating every second of this but I was going light on Marc for information I knew about him and we both knew it, hell he could probably do worst too but that wasn't the point.

"Unworthy of love." Arthur finished, placing a hand on my shoulder.

There was a clear difference between the mood when compared to Arthur and me, it was clear that I didn't want to be there and wanted to break down whilst he had waited for this and was more than happy to be there and was enjoying every last second.

Tearing apart this relationship I had with Marc was something he had wanted for a long time, as soon as Khonshu introduced the two of us Arthur hated it as it meant he lost some control which then spiralled to no control.

Marc and I had been through so much together that we both refused for this to be the thing that tore us apart, we were both as stubborn as each other which also matched the same stubbornness of Khonshu.

"You piece of shit." Marc spat, his aggression wasn't aimed at anyone besides Arthur.

Arthur then turned to look at Anton who had been stood watching and enjoying the show, I had known him but we weren't really friends but were on friendly terms due to me helping him once or twice.

The reason I helped him was the gain access to the artefacts off the black-market, I had agreed due to the fact I hated seeing them being sold and passed around for money so agreed to help thinking it was the the better.

Now I know, it wasn't for the better.

"Anton, the lore behind these relics, I offer proof that it's real." Arthur offers.

Anton was most likely going to take the bait, it angered me and I gave him a look that told him not to but of course he scoffed at me and nodded his head to Arthur.

He then walked to Marc and paused in front of him whilst claiming that the sarcophagus doesn't belong to anyone which was technically correct, no one truly owned it except for the person who had designed it.

The lights start to flicker causing both Marc and I to look up to see Khonshu sat on the building nearby, it brought a smile to my face to see him again but it caused Arthur to grab my arm and look away.

"Do it. Summon the suit."

Marc had a sour look on his face that told me he hated the idea of this and he didn't think it was a good move but there wasn't many options left, it was the only good choice when you thought about it and Marc and I both knew that.

Arthur led Anton to in front of the pyramid structure and stood in front of him.

"Give them what they deserve!"

Marc shook his head but I was thankful for that as majority of that rage was aimed at Arthur and his audacity to take me, I imagine seeing me only made it worst when he realised how he had dressed me too.

This was a mess.

We both watched as Arthur started chanting in Coptic once again, it was the same language as when he summoned the jackals and the purple glow reflected on both faces of the men.

Anton was making a huge mistake but I couldn't stop him, I knew this.

"What are you waiting for?

Khonshu was growing impatient.

Arthur caused the sarcophagus to basically explode but left the pieces of fabric that should help them guide to Ammit, Arthur was now walking towards me and Marc and I lock eyes whilst mine were full of fear.

He had only heard of the horrors of my childhood once, it never did justice to the past that haunts me because of it.

Arthur grabbed my arm and pulled me to turn around and I did and started walking with him, the two guards kept their eyes on me as they probably thought I would make a last minute run.

Luckily for them I didn't so Arthur turned to give Marc a cruel smirk, it was meant to scare him into believing that I was with him now but Khonshu knew that I wasn't and he knew that from listening to me talking to him.

"Hey, he's gone!"