𝟏𝟒

The road was hard to focus on as all the voices were unclear but I heard Marc's full name mentioned which helped me re-gain my focus and lift my head up to look at the pair of them, Steven and I were both in handcuffs but I wasn't trying to take them off unlike Steven and instead had accepted the fact that we were going to see Arthur.

"Zip-tied and shot in the back of the head, execution-style." The woman spoke.

It was clear she was trying to gain a reaction out of Steven but he instead looked scared and panicked, he knew that wasn't him and I knew it too but these two didn't and they didn't know they wouldn't get a reaction out of him.

"That's dark man." The man continued.

Steven was on the verge of tears, I could see Marc's reflection in the car mirror.

I kicked the woman's chair as harshly as I could whilst I still had the energy as holding back this memory was draining me, it was clear that I didn't have much strength in me either and they knew as I hadn't resisted up until this point.

"You don't know what you're talking about!" I screamed.

The woman nearly hit her head on the dashboard from how harshly I had kicked the seat but my vision was starting to fade, there wasn't much fight in me and that kicked seemed to take most of my energy.

My head turned to see the worried look on Steven's face and I could see Marc's reflection in the corner of my eyes, I gave Steven a weak smile before I passed out once again.

-

"Marc?" I called out.

Marc's head bobbed up from the water in the cave and despite the lack of lighting in the cave I saw Marc, I dove into the water and managed to see Roro slowly sinking into the depths which told me I had barely any time.

I managed to get Marc out of the water then quickly dove back into the water, neither of the boys knew how to swim and if they did they hadn't been through the 'training' dad had put me through.

Roro was coming closer and his eyes light up for a moment as he sees me despite still choking on the water, his arm reached out for mine and I reach out but before I reach it the worst happens.

His body goes limp.

No.

No, no no!

I grabbed his arm and pulled him to the surface of the water as I gasped for air and saw the terrified look on Marc's face, I swam towards the part of the cave that Marc was sat at then pulled Roro up after me.

His skin was cold and he was unresponsive, I didn't want to believe he was dead but knew that Marc would ask if he was so I checked his pulse.