𝟐𝟖

There was a clicking noise and I had a rough guess of what they were shooting at and grabbed Steven by his shirt and pulled him flat to the ground, I placed my hand against his mouth but not over his nose so that he could still breathe.

"Hide and don't make a sound!" I quickly shout.

The message was mostly directed to Layla as we were currently most safe but I won't convince myself that I was otherwise I would be cursing myself, my luck was always so terrible and thinking something was going right always made it so wrong so quick.

Layla quickly hid on the table that the creature would use to gut their victim, it wasn't the best place but it was most likely one of the few good places and she panicked and chose that one and most likely instantly regretted it.

The lapis coloured skin had a firm grip on the bearded man that had helped Arthur meet Steven after pretending to be a cop and so many incidents for me, that wasn't important at the moment however as his mahogany blood had gathered around his nose, unibrow and hair line.

The blind creature who heavily relied on echolocation slammed the bearded man on the table who was clearly unaware of his situation and looked as if he was going to be out cold at any moment, Steven slowly moves up to take a closer to look but I gripped his shoulder firmly and made it so he slowly lowered himself again.

Thud, Squelch.

Well, I hope you weren't planning on using your organs anymore as your free trial as expired.

Joking aside, I can only imagine how horrifying it is to be Layla right now.

I slowly moved myself towards the edge and Steven followed closely behind me, once I was at the edge I could confirm it was a Heka priest which only made the situation worst.

Steven was watching the Heka Priest for a moment with me until he realised what it was doing causing him to quickly cover his mouth whilst Layla tried to slowly yet carefully move around the table thing to hide better, she wasn't careful enough as she bumped into a ceremonial pot and caused it to thud by knocking it off centre.

well, fuck.

The Heka priest heard Layla and started clicking whilst slowly moving towards in her direction so I started slowly reached for something small to throw, Steven suddenly moved up slightly and back which caught it's attention causing it to jump up so we could see it in all it's glory.

Apparently that wasn't enough as it then jumped onto the floorboards below us as I slowly raised myself to stand so I wasn't noticed, Steven's sudden gasp had caught the attention of the Heka Priest however as the hands slowly moved towards the edge.

This was straight out of a horror movie.

Steven leant against the wall and I joined him as I tossed my small rock I found in the air and caught it when the hands reached the edge of the floor boards, I tossed the rock to the opposite side of us causing it to smash and turn into particles of dust whilst he gasped in fear.

"Run! We'll find you!" I yell to Layla.

The Heka Priest had jumped down to the level that Layla was on and was now confused as all three of us were running around but it chased after Layla, I threw myself against a shelf for it to barely budge due to my lack of strength from the lack of food and water I've received recently.

Seeing me struggle caused Steven to rush over and help me throw the shelf off the edge to hit the Heka Priest, it slowly fell then landed on the creature but Layla could be heard running down the hallway that we were avoiding.

"We- We squished it! We squished it!" Steven spoke, clearly in shock.

However, before I could open my mouth to say anything or attempt to assist him with his nerves he wrapped his hand around mine then dragged me down the hallway he had found.

This was going to be a fun adventure.

The further we progressed through this hallway, the more destroyed it became as if it was falling apart from poor building but that would make no sense as everything else had been built so well unless it was intentional.

Maybe they built it poorly in certain areas in order to prevent people from reaching Ammit and releasing her as we all know what she would do if she was released, well the people who knew that she existed and was real and so on and so forth.

Steven took yet another shaky step as I was on the large piece of stone behind him trying to balance and placing both hands on opposite sides of wall, on my right was pieces of walls that had beautiful artwork on them with vibrant colours that had crumbled into this small river whilst my left was a wall built intentionally to be there.

He had turned to the left and I jumped to the next stone and he offered me his hand which I took as he helped me step into the room, we both raised our torches and stepped between the pieces of rock in the water as we approached the sarcophagus.

-

"Oh, it's going to be one of the big'uns!" I beamed.

I was talking like when we first met and I was rambling to them and was overwhelmed with happiness to hear that Y/N cared about the job they applied for, it seemed like everyone else there didn't care and always told him to shut up or rolled their eyes at me before walking away.

I suddenly stopped but Y/N hadn't noticed and thought something just simply caught his attention so they jumped onto his stone then the next one, not paying attention.

Marc's reflection was in the water whilst Y/N seemed so hyper focused on this room that they had almost forgotten that I was here and was looking around the room, making sure not to touch anything but looking closely and admiring every minor detail and reached to get their book once or twice before realising that Arthur stole it in the museum.

"So, you kissed her." Marc spoke.

Why was he so upset?

He was married to Layla, Y/N clearly knew of that too which was probably why they were so uncertain about the kiss.

It was Marc being a parasite to my life again, slowly decaying it away so it slowly crumbles around me like this structure so I'm stuck with him and difficult to escape.

"What are you gonna do? Try and drown us now?" I mocked.

Truth be told, I was nervous and on edge but trying to use the same sass that Y/N carried with them everywhere.

"Yeah, I should."

I continued stepping towards the sarcophagus in excitement to finally see one that isn't surrounded and encaged by glass because of people who were disrespectful, Marc didn't speak as I took another step onto a stone despite thinking that he would so I shrugged slightly.

My attention quickly fell onto what was in front of me again though.