𝟑𝟔

The Avatar's bodies laid limp on the floor whilst blood was slowly spreading from around the bodies, Y/N had only killed once and it was due to a fit of rage from hearing a reminder of this fate.

The soft purple glow in their eyes remained as Arthur took the stone that Ammit was trapped within whilst they stepped towards Osiris, they knew their kindness and noticed how they prevented the Avatar from hurting them.

Osiris was soft, yes.

Osiris cared deeply for those he knew as it was like he always wanted his own family, immortality had proven it to be difficult of course.

It was why he begged Khonshu to bring them here more often and frequently bought new items for them, Osiris wanted to be like a father as much as Khonshu was attempting to in his own ways.

It caused weakness but it was a weakness he never tried to hide, all the other gods knew about it when they saw his interaction with Y/N and it wasn't the first time he was being "a old softie" as Taweret would call him. 

"This was all so avoidable." Arthur spoke.

Y/N would be lying if they said they didn't miss those times as much as Osiris did, being able to sit and play whilst Osiris interacted with them and used his abilities to watch the awe on Y/N's face.

It was so easy to make them smile and be amazed at the things she saw the gods do inside the pyramid, though it always remained inside that pyramid as they all agreed to never expose themselves to humanity out of precaution.

A tap was soon on my shoulder and I turned to see it was Arthur with the statue of Ammit in his hands, it was clear that he wanted me to take this moment possibly in order to rub it into Khonshu's face later.

This was my last chance to back out of this, be able to say no and instead free Khonshu and help him fight against Ammit as Marc was now gone.

I took the statue and took a moment as I absorbed every last detail of the stone through my intense stare which was worrying the followers slightly, the purple glow my eyes weren't helping either.

Deep breath.

My head was clouded, it was like something or someone was purposely holding me back from being able to get a strong grip of myself back.

Without thinking, I swung my arm into the air and threw the statue as harshly as I could to the ground which Arthur smiled at.

The purple smoke that mixed with other shades of purple whilst slightly dark grey smoked clouded around it and twirled around it, you could compare it to fireworks but it was more dangerous than that.

The smoke continued to dance and swirl around the room until it landed at the top of the stairs where Y/N was facing, everyone behind them bowed to the goddess whilst Y/N remained on their feet.

They would be told to quickly stand once more due to being unlike the others, they knew they weren't human but never fully understand what they were or how much deeper this rabbit hole goes but they weren't excited to find out.

The opportunity to know now made it seem more pleasant and a peace of mind but it would cost so many lives that they did not deserve to take, everything in their morals fought against it and that was the part of themselves that they could not grip.

Ammit allowed a soft, loud growl noise to escape whilst she slowly turned to look at the others who had granted her freedom, her eyes almost instantly fell on Y/N to see their glowing purple eyes that the staff had caused whilst their grip on it was tight as if they were afraid someone was going to take it.

She continued to scan the room after she felt she had her gaze on the young one for too long now and glanced at the others, the silence caused tension to grow as Ammit took her time to take notice of the environment she was in.

The silence was something Y/N hated, they despised silence.

Maybe that was why they listened to music as they served as Khonshu's avatar, though that was hardly a good example as there were rarely moments of silence in fights and battles.

"To whom do I owe my gratitude?" Ammit questioned.

Her voice boomed slightly which caused her words to echo in Y/N's head for a moment and caused a slightly painful headache, it was nothing major and was most likely just a sensitivity to noise.

"My Goddess, you do not owe me anything." I spoke.

She turned her head slightly to face me with a slight grin on her face, it was nice to be able to read her emotions as I never could tell as easily with Khonshu due to the fact he had a floating skull for a head.

She took steps towards me, clearly intrigued by me.

"The gifted child was the last one I expected to release me." She spoke, her voice boomed still.

"You were clearly eavesdropping, am I truly that interesting?"

Steven had mentioned the fact that there were some writings of something along of the lines of a person who was named 'the gifted one' who appeared human but had some powers like the gods, Y/N had always shrugged it off and doubted it was them and thought nothing of it.

Khonshu always dismissed it too and told them it was nonsense, all the gods had told them it was simply some silly old myth to not worry about.

I guess I was truly that interesting, huh.

"Then this moment had delivered a surprise for us both." I spoke, adjusting the sleeves of my shirt.