𝟖

"I wouldn't do that." Steven responds, throwing his left arm in the air momentarily.

Steven, for the love of God, please be quiet.

We continue stepping backwards whilst I was still in front of Steven, I broke eye contact with Arthur at points to see if the doors were open or any of the exits for this room were open.

"The justice Ammit, surveys the whole of our lives." He continued.

Steven nodded and muttered a simple "got it" as he looked down to see the death glare I was giving to Arthur, he didn't understand what was happening and Marc would know expect for the tension between Arthur and I.

This was going to be fun to explain, Khonshu will be too stubborn to explain.

"Past, Present, Future. She knows what we've done, and what we will do." Arthur explained further.

Steven's confusion only grew more to see that my expression was not softening towards the man in front of us and didn't understand why he was saying all of this, this was all one big mess because we thought it would be best to leave Steven in the dark.

That idea seemed to be the worst we've agreed on, Khonshu won't be happy with Steven either as he would know Steven was the reason Arthur saw me.

Putting the blame on Steven wasn't completely right though, we were all practically to blame as Steven wouldn't of dragged me closer if he knew what we were doing there or why it was so important.

"Great, well the books must of left that part out." Steven muttered.

Steven and I turn to run out of the door behind us to see one of his followers step out of it, so I grab his sleeve and pull him towards another way we could go for another one to stop us and show the tattoo.

Fuck, we're cornered.

Arthur steps in front of me to talk to Steven but I remain in front of him in defensive way, he gave me a quick smile as I continued to death glare him to warn him to stop.

"Consider this, had Ammit be free." Arthur started his ramble again.

He nudged me to the side with the cane causing me to move to the side as he stepped closer to Steven, who was clutching onto his bag like I now was too.

He leaned away from Arthur showing that he clearly didn't feel safe nor comfortable, it was probably only going to make Arthur ramble more and fill his ego.

"Had Ammit be free, she would have prevented Hitler and the destruction he wrought." Arthur continues.

Arthur continued to step closer to Steven who leaned further away from him due to an artefact being directly behind him, it was clear he was panicking whilst I clenched my fists and darted my eyes across the room to see if I could sneak a punch in.

"Nero, the Armenian genocide, Pol Pot." His rambles continued.

I doubted that I would be able to attack Arthur and get away with it due to the cameras and the amount of followers he brought with him, having a full fight in my place of work due to harassment would defiantly get me fired then Steven would be in deeper trouble.

I had managed to tune the two out from me looking around the building and assessing the situation that I hadn't been listening to him preaching Ammit, I was glad to some extent as I had heard these rambles before as a child but then I wouldn't know how much Steven knew.