𝟏𝟔

Arthur gives Steven a tray to hold so the worker can put the soup on it avoid burning him or spilling it onto himself or the floor, Arthur then looks at me and smiles to say to take a tray and I shake my head.

Shaking my head was a bad idea as Arthur then gave me a look that I knew too well as a child, it was the one that I saw when I had messed up to the worst extent like when Marc's brother died.

This shook me to my core and caused the fear to strike me in the heart so I took a tray, Steven seemed confused by what was happening between Arthur and I but I now kept my head low and avoided eye contact with everyone including Steven.

"I know being on the right side of things is important to you, Khonshu always tries to ensnare those with a strong moral conscience." Arthur spoke to us.

I hated this, he was trying to make Steven think he was the bad guy.

I followed Steven as we queued with Arthur to receive our lentil soup, trusting him felt so wrong but that stare he gave me promised me a lot of pain if I didn't listen to him for a moment.

"You have no conscience!"

Hearing Khonshu again brought a smile to my face, it was nice to know he was nearby despite the fact he couldn't do anything.

The metal things that held onto the trays suddenly collapsed and I turned to see Khonshu there then he disappears from thin air once again, Steven receives his soup but waits for me to get mine before sitting on the table with Arthur.

It was an obvious attempt to comfort me but it wasn't working very well, the memories and guilt that I had tried so hard to push aside was surfacing again all at the same time which was causing me to become exhausted mentally and physically.

"None of the guards respect him, perhaps that's why he's banished." Arthur suggested.

I place my tray on the table and go to speak but Arthur's cane glowed purple slightly which caused me to quickly shut up, the last thing I wanted was a 'punishment' in this moment.

"I only punish those who have already done harm. I am real justice!"

Steven and I sat down in sync as he turned to look at Khonshu, I really wanted to but Arthur was keeping an eye on me whilst watching Steven from the corner of his eye.

"What's he saying now? 'I am real justice?'" Arthur asked.

Steven looked at him then heard people laughing and quickly glanced at that to see that they were watching short clips of animals, he liked animals but he didn't understand why they were laughing so it confused him so he turned back to the main focus.

He glanced over to me to see me picking up the soup with a spoon then tilting it slightly so it poured back into the bowl, Arthur had dealt with me not eating intentionally before and sometimes was the one who asked me to so he was used to this behaviour.

"Can you hear him?" Steven asks.

Arthur turns his head to face Steven and seems to debate his next words, it's like he was carefully crafting his words to get the most influence out of his words.

That fucker should know how to do that well enough, he had me for years to manipulate.

"Not anymore, I was his former avatar. Before you, the fist of vengeance." He sighs.

Arthur eats some of his soup then looks up to see me still playing with my food, it was clear that I didn't plan to ear and I knew it was a waste of food but Arthur insisted.