Chapter Thirty-Four

They returned to Wren-Hill later that day with ten Illyrian females in tow. Alex and Lola welcomed them with open arms, showing them the training ring and where they'd be staying. Rhysand disappeared as soon as they arrived, wrapping an arm around Feyre and winnowing to god-knows where. Cassian had sauntered over to Nesta and her friends, kissing Nesta on the cheek while she was trying to give out instructions. Which meant Davina and Azriel were left to stand next to each other. His shadows licked at her sides, sending a shiver down her spine at the reminder of last night.

She turned to face him, but he was already looking at her, a smirk on his face.

"You're evil", Davina said crossing her arms.

His shadows seemed to take it as a challenge as they twirled her hair and brushed her arms.

"Evil?" Azriel taunted, "I've got no idea what you're talking about".

Davina glared at him, "you completely ignored me last night after I mentioned Cassian was in the room".

Azriel's eyes flicked to Cassian who was a fair distance away, "you said his name", anger flashed in Azriel's eyes but it vanished as he blinked.

"Besides", Azriel continued, "what was I meant to do?"

Davina shrugged, "kick him out".

Azriel barked a laugh, "I'll remember that for next time. Kick Cassian into the cold so I can have sex with Davina".

Davina blushed, although she wasn't opposed to the idea. Azriel noticed the redness in her cheeks and pulled her closer, kissing the tip of her nose.

"Come on, love, we should help train the newbies".

Davina was so tired but begrudgingly followed Azriel further into the camp, his shadows cocooning around her like they were hers too.

Davina was finding it harder and harder to ignore the bond pulling her towards him. The need to kiss him and hold him, or even just be around him, was suffocating. She was a hairs length away from pinning Azriel to the wall of a hut and completing their mating. His shadows were evil and taunted her every chance they got, brushing her legs, her thighs, her chest. She couldn't help but wonder what they'd be like when he...

Azriel loosed a growl, "cauldron Davina, you're sending your thoughts down the bond".

Davina blushed a deep red, "I'm sorry!"

Azriel tightened his arm around her waist, not allowing her to step away and put distance between them.

"Remind me why we're taking it slow?" Azriel said although it was more to himself.

Davina chuckled, she had been wondering the same thing.

"Maybe we shouldn't", Davina said casually.

Azriel halted his steps, turning slowly. He gazed at Davina assessing her, to tell whether she was lying or not. His shadows caressed his ear, probably informing him that she was, in fact, not lying.

"Say the word Davina and I'll tell Rhys we aren't coming to work for a week or two", his voice was deep.

"A week?" Davina laughed in disbelief.

"Or two", he confirmed.

Davina sighed before chewing on her bottom lip. Gosh, she was so tempted. But a part of her wanted to make it special, wanted to cherish each second with him.

"Tell Rhys", she began, Azriel's eyes never left hers, "that we might need some time off in a few days".

"In a few days?" Azriel said confused.