Chapter Forty-Five

2 years later...

Wren-hill has become a permanent fixture in the Illyrian mountains. The all-female camp has been fully developed and with a little persuasion in Rhysand's part, all the other camp lords agreed to it becoming permanent. Many women still travel from other camps to seek out its hidden location, even a few from Davina's old camp turned up a few months ago. It hasn't all been smooth sailing, a few nearby camps tried to raid Wren-hill, mainly angry old men who hated the idea of progress, but Wren-hill has a guard rotation now of only the very best female fighters. The Valkyries have moved in up there too, they train the newbies and encourage healthy practices such as meditation and mindfulness.

Davina lives there too, now that she has become the camp leader she is required to be there most of the time. Azriel usually stays with her, although he's been very busy these last few months, the Illyrians are getting restless now that more and more females choose to leave.

Feyre is pregnant again, a little baby girl Madja says, Nyx isn't happy he is no longer the only child. Rhysand has been working his ass off now that he is going to be having a second child, Nyx follows him around whenever he is on business, I think it secretly warms Rhys' heart that Nyx is so interested.

Mor is now dating Emerie, one of the Valkyries who live at Wren-hill, which means Mor often helps teach the new additions. Cassian and Nesta argue like usual but Davina pretends not to notice the loving stares Nesta gives Cassian when he isn't looking.

Davina and Azriel are better than ever, they're planning on having an official wedding in a few months. It makes both his brothers happy to see Azriel walking around with a smile on his face. The brooding shadowsinger is no more. Except of course when he and Cassian are on babysitting duties for Nyx, it always ends in Azriel having to chase down Cassian who is encouraging Nyx to try and fly.

Elain has been spending a lot more time with Lucien which is an unexpected turn of events. They spend most of their time gardening or exploring new parts of the city, they seem happy.

Davina has never been more grateful for the way things turned out. While she will never fully recover, the scars on her back have faded a little.

The end.