16. The Troubling Times

-a long chapter 😃-

~third person pov~

As Wilbur got to y/n's apartment, Wilbur realized that he didn't have the apartment keys and was about to leave as he stepped on something sharp. "What on earth was that?" He whispered as he glanced down. "I guess y/n also doesn't realize sometimes," He smiled as he looked down at y/n's dropped keys🔑 (yes, the keys had a label.) He picked it up and inserted it into the keyhole. Opening the apartment, the place was a mess. y/n forgot to tidy it before going out. Wilbur tidied a couple of things before starting to search for his
phone📱. Wilbur couldn't find his phone nor anything to know when y/n's college sessions are done. He decided to come back later when y/n was back.

~y/n pov~

/end of college session/

"I guess Wilbur forgot what time to pick me up" I whispered to myself. "OOOOOH WHO IS THAT??? IS THAT THE BOY YESTERDAY?" A loud voice appeared, shocking me as I turned around to see Bella. I couldn't wait any longer and decided to just walk back instead. "I have to go back to my place now, sorry" I told her. I dashed out the door and walked peacefully back, remembering that I still had a meeting with Dream within an hour (y/n's college usually ends at 3:00, yes i know college sessions usually end at 4:00 but this is a story so why not 🙃).

I went back to he apartment but realized i dropped my keys🔑. I looked for it on the gorund and found that it was placed neatly on top of the carpet. "Maybe I dropped it and it was blocking he path of the other residents so they maybe put it there to stop blocking the way? Oh well," I thought to myself. I remembered that i forgot to tidy my place and sighed as I went in but stopped upon looking at the place all clean and tidy. "Did i.. Clean it subconsciously..?" I whispered under my breath. In shock, I ran over to the table and found a note. I read the note in relief that I wasn't going crazy. "Hey, I think I left my phone in here, I found your key🔑 and went inside, I found that It was really messy so I cleaned up a bit sorry if I shouldn't have. Tell me if you find my phone📱 anywhere, thanks. - Wilbur" The note read. I decided to get ready to meet Dream and drop by Wilbur's house afterwards to give him back his phone📱.

I gave it a thought then remembered about the meeting with dream I immediately rushed to find something nice from the wardrobe. I found a blue shirt 👕 and tried to look for something else but then I realised that I never did the laundry for the entire time. I took the blue shirt and just paired it with nice baggy pants. It didn't look too bad in the end but could be nicer. I realized it was already 3:44 and ran out the door, bringing my bag and going as fast as I can.

/4:08 pm/

I reached Wilbur's house 🏠 and saw Wilbur walking out to his car. I hid behind a tree and waited until i was gone from his field of vision. I 
saw him going into his car. "I wonder where he's going?, is he going to his girlfriend's house?" I thought. I quickly snapped back to my senses. "What are you thinking, y/n, you're not even his signifigant other. Who are you to think that? He can see who he wants. It doesnt matter." I thought. But nevermind that. There were no room for thought because i was already almost 10 minutes late.

~Wilbur pov~

"I'm about to go back to check if y/n's done with college session now. College shouldn't take this long, right?" I thought to myself. I went in my car and immediately drove.

/at the apartment/

I knocked on the door 🚪. "y/n? Are you home yet?" I spoke. Silence. I guess y/n is off shopping or out with friends. I shrugged it off as I left. On my way back to the car, I noticed a small shop infront of the apartment. It sold many promise rings 💍,  couple bracelets, watches⌚, and necklaces📿. I walked across the street and over to the the shop. Inside, the shop was more beautiful than it looked from the outside, though it was slightly crowded inside. I looked around and found a beautiful necklace. When i checked the price, I nearly fainted when I read "£500 💷" (500 pound sterling) . I walked around and was relieved when I found that the necklace📿 price was only that price because it was a limited edition necklace📿. I found a perfect promise ring💍 that was perfect for y/n and fits both of our ring sizes (don't mind the ring sizes pretend Wilbur knows y/n's ring size 👌) . It was £200 for the rings which was actually a decent price for expensive jewelry. I quickly bought it and ran out back to my car 🚗 to drive back home 🏡.

/meanwhile/

~y/n pov~

As soon as Wilbur's car was out of sight, I ran over to the park where I saw someone, dressed in a green hoodie with a smile on the middle. "I know that is definitely the real youtuber/streamer dream but how did Wilbur manage to become friends with him?" I thought to myself as I hid behind a statue. I must've not hid properly because dream immediately spotted me. "y/n?" A voice said from across the park. I realized it and quickly walked up to him,
waving 👋. "Hello, you must be dream, "Wilbur" told me to come here and meet you," I said, emphasizing the word 'Wilbur'. He gave a confused look then said "ooookay?". I stood there and gave him the most awkward look. He tried to break the ice. "Do you want ice cream?" He said, sounding like those words were amost forced out of his mouth. "Oh alright," I told him. We walked up to the ice cream man and he asked what flavour I wanted. "Chocolate 🍫  please." I told him with a smile. He gave a thumbs up and was about to order when he got interrupted by a phone call 📞 . He quickly ordered 1 chocolate ice cream, handed over the money the the ice cream man and immediately told me to wait there while
walking🚶‍♂️ towards a different area. The ice cream🍦 was ready and in 8 minutes, I finished it. I waited for another 5 minutes while looking at my phone 📱 but that phone call was taking very long. I could still see from afar that he was on a call but it never ended.

Suddenly, I got a call. ( guess who it was before scrolling, its not Wilbur's phone bcs y/n has it.)

It was from the jewelry store across the street of my apartment.

I answered it with a nice and formal voice (ofc). "Hello this is y/n, may I know why you are calling, did I do anything wrong there at
(insert brand name)?". "Thank goodness," I heard a very familiar british voice say. "I remembered your phone📱number." He said in relief. I smiled on the phone. "Haha yeah" I spoke. "By any chance, do you have my
phone📱 with you?" He asked. I suddenly remembered that I still had his phone and quicky replied. "Oh yeah! You left your phone in my apartment and I thought i might bring it to you.". "Oh, well where are you right now?" I heard him say. "At the place infront of y- er.. I mean in my apartment, why?" I stuttered. "Is that a lie?" He spoke. "Ohhh shi- How did he find out so fast?" A thought spoke in my head.
" y/n? Was that a lie? What is happening? Hellooo, please respond.". Right. I was still in the call. "Yea sorry that was a lie i was at... my mom's house, I'm driving back right now, I think it might take 30 minutes for me to get there? I don't know, sorry but I'll be back home in 30 mins." I told him (It does not take thirty minutes I tell you, 15 mins max there.).  I said goodbye then hung up. I ran all the way up to dream and told him that I had to go. He indicated to be more quiet and waved goodbye 👋. I smiled at him as I continued to run 🏃‍♂️ out of the park.

I have to tell him sometime or another.

Word count: 1490

PRETEND ITS 1500 WORDS OK