chapter 18 and 19 combined

~y/n pov~

We walked inside and were in awe by the thing we laid out eyes upon. This place had actually everything!, from teapots to toys, from cassette tapes to jars. There was nothing inside that seemed boring. They were all fun and wild to look at. "Wait- that's my favourite song! They have a cassette tape for it? NO WAY!" Wilbur "yelled" while trying to hold in his excitement. "Oooh that's nice!, you should get it," I said to him. He shook his head. "Definitely. I am NOT leaving this behind."

We found a desk that marked 'cashier' but there was no one behind the desk. Suddenly, and old grandmother walked in from a door behind. "Hello children, if I hear correctly, you wanted to buy a cassette tape of (insert song name) , if I am hearing correctly? please pass me the cassette tape".

Wilbur nodded passed it over to the woman. "Ahh, this cassette tape used to be one of my very prized possesions, you have a very good eye, young man." The woman said as she pointed to Wilbur. He smiled. "Well, do you want to buy it now?" She asked. I nodded and turned my head to look at Wilbur, finding him vigorously nodding. He looked like a little boy, wanting some candy. I smiled at the sight.

"Well then, let's get it cashed out." She said to us. She headed over to her desk as she went through a big book of prices. "Now let's see..." she said, squinting through her glasses, flipping a page every couple of seconds. "(Insert song name) cassette tape..., (Insert song name) cassette tape..., (Insert song name) cassette tape..., Found it! Alright, that one will be £5.35 (pound sterling). Wilbur handed the woman 10 pounds. The woman quickly grabbed some money from her drawer and handed him £4.65.

He pushed her hand back at her gently. "Hmm, what is this?" The woman softly said. "You can keep the change, something like this is worth even more than 10 pounds. I insist you keep the money." Wilbur said. The woman smiled. "If you insist." She replied.

~third person pov~

Wilbur and y/n waved the woman goodbye as they exited the store. Wilbur got his cassette tape of his favourite store in a tiny tote bag. Wilbur insisted that y/n held his hand while they walk back and so that happened. They were walking back to his car when he suddenly froze midway on the road with a serious expression on his face, pulling
y/n back.

"What happened? Why did you suddenly stop?" y/n asked Wilbur. He pointed to the person on her right. "Him." Wilbur spoke with a serious tone. y/n quickly turned around to see who it was. The last person y/n wanted Wilbur to see right now. The person y/n hoped would go home  after a conversation. But no. It was Noah, of course it was, who else could it be. y/n (instinctively) covered Wilbur's eyes. For absolutely no reason.

He seemed to be a bit startled, after all, y/n literally slapped a hand onto Wilbur's eyes randomly. After a couple seconds she realised and just went with it. "Uhh, keep your eyes closed." y/n said in a rush. "Ooookay? Well i think h-" Wilbur started, but was quickly cut off by y/n putting a hand on his mouth.

He quickly just played along and kept his mouth shut. y/n was about to walk over when suddenly, realization hit. He was standing in the middle of the road. A car was coming. Was this goint to be the end for it? Was Noah really the one to blame?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No, it was not. No one was to blame.

"WILBUR! RUN GET OUT OF THE WAY! THERE'S A CAR!" He opened his eyes to see a panicked driver inside a car that was speeding immediately toward him.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Suddenly he was pulled back by forced onto the sidewalk.

He looked up to see josh. His panicked face immedialtely turned into shock and happiness.
He got up and greeted Josh.

"Josh! Thank you! I couldn't have made it without you, but... Why were you here?" Wilbur asked." I was here to deliver some food, but then I saw you and y/n go out of the antique shop... holding hands if I remember correctly?" Josh spoke. "Oh, haha, that?.. It was nothing," Wilbur laughed. "Okay dude, be careful next time, I gotta get to my delivery now. Get back safely." Josh said as he waved goodbye and walked off. What a day.

Wilbur got back on the other side of the road and was greeted by a panicked y/n. "What happened? I'm so sorry for well.. almost killing you I guess?" y/n said, looking away and holding one hand with the other. "I'm fine y/n, Josh saved me. He got me on to the sidewalk on the other side of the road." Wilbur replied. Wilbur caught a glance of an annoyed Noah so he decided to ask y/n for a walk, which was accepted, and they walk for a pretty long amount of time just talking about their experience sto each other. Soon, they found another nice restaurant because perfect, it was time to eat.

At the restaurant, they spotted Josh at the same place, done with his delivery. They decided to sit next to him. They all have a nice conversation before calling a /waitress to order. "May I take your order? Wait, you two look so cute together," The waitress said smiling. "Me and josh? Ohh nooo we're no-" y/n was saying but was cut off. "No, I meant you two," the waitress said, pointing directly at me and Wilbur. "Are you two married?" She spoke again.

~y/n pov

"Wow. Married? How do I even begin to respond to that? That is faaaar worse that being called dating. What teen marries at 18 years old?! ISN'T THAT ILLEGAL?!" y/n silenty thought to herself. "Thank goodness Wilbur was there to clear things up with the waitress otherwise it would've been the most awkward moment EVER."

Word count: 1044

(Sorry for the grammar mistakes i cant catch all of them but I tried so cut me some slack anyway bye 👍)