Part 3: Childhood

~ Second Sunday in May.  Today is Mother's Day and of course Gru and the girls hadn't forgotten.  The 4 wanted to make her the best mother's day possible, Lucy had spent a few weeks a little complicated due to the symptoms of pregnancy but she was already getting used to it.  Their plan was to bring her a good breakfast, give her a gift and have a picnic in a park, they even wanted to bring her her favorite sweets.  TIC-TAC, it was 9 am.  Gru quietly went to fetch the girls to cook breakfast.  Gru began to make some delicious heart-shaped pancakes, Agnes and Edith decorated them and Margo stayed behind to prepare a delicious cappuccino, since she was a fan of it.  Gru also grabbed some flowers that had been bought for her and went up to the room.  Lucy was completely asleep, until Gru quietly woke her up.  Opening her eyes little by little, she saw 4 figures in front of her with a tray full of pancakes and some flowers.  The smell of cappuccino was what woke her up.  ~

- Everyone: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

- Lucy: Aww thanks!!

~ Gru leaves the tray in a corner of his bedside table and together with the girls, he goes to hug Lucy.  ~

- Lucy: Ayyy I love you so much!  - She said with great happiness -

- All: And us too!

~ After the hug, everyone went down to breakfast together.  Dru was a little sad, but Gru cheered him up.  Once they had breakfast, each girl gave a card with congratulations to Lucy, she responded with a big hug to each one.  He grunted as he went for the present.  It was a beautiful picture, the frame was decorated by all of them, with glitter, hearts... The picture had a picture of all of them, including Dru, in a park.  A normal photo that they wanted to take as a souvenir.
Gru walked over to Lucy with a square package of blue wrapping paper with pink dots.  When Lucy saw it, she looked at it very curiously and opened it delicately.  Her eyes lit up as if she had a galaxy in her pupils.  ~

- Lucy: Awww... this is super beautiful!  Thank you all, I love it so much!  -She says as she hugs the family-

- Dru: Awww you are so cute!

- Gru: Well, we have planned to go on a picnic.. is that okay with you, honey?

- Lucy: Ohhh, of course!  You know how much I love picnics!

~ Before leaving, no doubt, Dru and Gru called her mother to congratulate her.  At the end of the call, they began with the preparation.

"Sodas, sandwiches and sweets for Lucy. Everything in order" Gru said as he checked that they were not missing any of the food.  Dru and Lucy took care of the rest.  Once ready, they left and went to a quiet park on the outskirts of the city.  The same park where they celebrated the wedding.  The smell of the countryside filled the air, the sky was clear, maybe there were some clouds but the sun was shining quite a bit.  The family decided to choose a beautiful spot next to a huge tree, which would provide them with shade when the sun hits harder later.  In addition, it was the highest area of ​​the park and had incredible views of the huge meadow, the lake where cute ducks and swans bathed and also of the city in the distance.  ~

- Lucy: This place is wonderful!  -Lucy exclaimed while she admired the landscape &

Gru: I'm sure of it.  It was the best place we could choose for our wedding ..- He said smiling

~ Once they appreciated the landscape, they assembled the tablecloth and arranged everything.  Dru and the girls went to look at the lake and Gru and Lucy were left alone.  They were lying on the grass, looking for figures in the few clouds that were there.  ~

- Lucy: I've seen a minion in that cloud!  -She said pointing to a small cloud -

- Gru: Haha, it's true!  And over there... I see a cloud in the shape of a bunny