Part 7: Shopping Day

~ Early July.  The family was enduring the heat of July although they had a pool to cool off and spent a lot of time in the garden.  The last few days, everything was perfect, Lucy continued to attend her consultations about the pregnancy and everything was going perfectly, although soon she and Gru had decided that it was best for Lucy to be on leave from the AVL throughout her remaining pregnancy because each time, it was getting harder for her to have to go to work even though she loved her job.  They were supposed to tell Valerie but decided to wait a little longer.  One of the only novelties was that they made a small closed patio for Lucky, since he came to bite the plastic pool and you can already imagine what happened.  Still, Agnes didn't care.

It was 3:30 pm, Gru and Lucy were collecting the dishes from the barbecue that they had had for lunch.  The girls, who were very bored, suggested Gru and Lucy to go out and go to the mall.  Gru told them no, since there was no reason, but Dru supported their idea with the excuse that they could go buy things for the baby's room.  Lucy thought it was a good idea and she convinced Gru telling him that it was best to start shopping now and then he accepted.

The family got into Gru's big car and headed for the mall.  After a long time looking for parking, they found it and went straight to the shops.  ~

- Lucy: Wow, what memories this place gives me...

- Gru: Why not?  Hahaha

~ They entered a large store full of clothes, furniture, toys and anything for babies.  Gru tasked Dru and the girls with looking at the toys while Gru and Lucy went for a walk looking for furniture.  ~

- Lucy: Wow, I never thought I'd come in here.

- Gru: Hahaha, me too!

~ They continue walking to the area where the cribs were.  There were cribs of all colors and sizes there, causing Gru and Lucy to go ask an employee for help.  After about 15 minutes figuring out what would be the best crib, they found the perfect one.  At that time, the girls came back with some suggestions.  After a good time in the store, they came out with several boxes, being the crib, some furniture, small toys like rattles and even pregnant clothes for Lucy.  Once they left everything in the car, they decided to take a little walk through the mall.  There they appreciated how much the mall changed in a short time, although one of the changes that takes time is how Eduardo's "Salsa & Salsa" restaurant had been replaced by a hamburger restaurant.  The barber shop where they found remains of PX-41 was also replaced by another establishment.  The family admired that place a lot because it was full of important events especially for Gru and Lucy, although Dru had only been there once.

An hour passed and they returned home.  That's when everyone came in, they decided to pick up one of the abandoned rooms in the house to clean it up and start painting.  They collected all the junk, which included old furniture, weapons and etc. and after cleaning with a vacuum cleaner, Dru along with the girls began to paint the walls with a pastel yellow.  Lucy and Gru knew that that was a perfect color and also, they didn't know the sex of the baby yet, so that was perfect for either sex.  Meanwhile, the couple took advantage of the time to assemble some of the furniture, they went to the room and, sitting on the bed, opened one of the boxes.  To his surprise, everything was full of pieces, so together with the instructions, together they had to assemble piece by piece.  An endless hour passed before they succeeded.  Still tired, they continued all afternoon assembling each piece of furniture little by little while the others painted the room.  ~

-Gru: I never thought it would take so long to set this up...- he said quite tired as he threw himself on his back on the bed, resting his hands behind his head and looking at the ceiling.  -

- Lucy: It reminded me of when I became independent, the same thing happened to me with the furniture.  - She said while doing the same as Gru.  -

- Gru: Well, the important thing is that everything will be perfect for the baby.

- Lucy: And it will be, it's not as complicated as it seems.

~ Gru gets up a little and lies down next to Lucy, covering her with his arms and resting his head on her belly.  He started talking to the baby while she Lucy admired with little shy giggles.  ~

- Gru: It is supposed that with the months you have, the baby can already hear us.

- Lucy: Awww that's very sweet of you.

- Gru: I just want him or her to be happy in our family..

- Lucy: And it will be... He will have 3 older sisters who will love and take care of him or her, a uncle who will surely try to be the best, more than 200 Minions, Nefario who will help us, Marlena who  will give us advice and a great father, the best.

- Gru: And to a great mother also the best.  You're doing great with the girls and I'm sure everything will be fine with the baby too.  It's not a big deal for us.

- Lucy: Right...

Awiwi
Very soon but here ends the shortest episode but..

Get ready for the next episode...!
👀