Part 9: First mission

~ It was a Sunday evening and just 1 week and 1 day had passed since the incident with Agent 87 and the villains.  That week, Gru had been resting a bit from work with Lucy, who was trying to forget what had happened.  Gru and Lucy were reforming the baby's room a bit, arranging the furniture when suddenly Gru's cell phone rang.  Again, it was Valerie, his boss.  He had been assigned a mission alongside Dru and this was going to be Dru's first spy mission.  They had to go to Pier 12 for an espionage mission, where they had to look for suspects because strange things were happening there lately.
Gru and Dru went to the lab and grabbed some weapons and in case things got complicated and with Gru's car, they went straight to the Dock.  Once they arrived, they went for a walk and entered all the stores, to see what each of the clerks was doing.  All the stores seemed normal and innocent, until they entered a surfboard store where the clerk was acting quite strange.  Something told them that something was wrong, but they just pointed it out as a suspect and continued going store by store.

After the walk, he was the only suspect, he was the only one who didn't want them to touch anything and leave the store, plus he didn't like any of the brothers.  Gru decided to contact Valerie and the 3 decided that inspecting the place at dawn would remove their suspicions.

The two brothers went home and told Lucy everything.  Lucy wanted to help them make a plan.  Somehow, they got the plan of the dock and together with Lucy, they began to think what they would do in a bad case.  They planned for a long time and then waited until it was 2 in the morning to go discreetly.  The two brothers put on their suits and went to the AVL for two special motorcycles in case things got bad, although they didn't think so.
They arrived at the Dock again, the darkness and the silence that was interrupted by some cars and the waves of the sea flooded the place.  They parked their motorcycles in a discreet place and with the invisible mode activated, they went to the store.  Gru carefully opened the door of the premises and they began to inspect the place.  Everything was too quiet and orderly, minutes passed and they found nothing, but together before they could leave, they saw a guard outside the store and when they hid, inadvertently, Dru touched something that caused one of the gigantic surfboards moved, giving access to a tunnel.  "I knew he was hiding something" Gru said as he entered.  The two activated their invisibility suits and turned on some flashlights and headed down the tunnel.  At the end, there was a locked door, which Gru easily opened with a laser.  They found a room, there was a large table with a plan of the dock and some crosses in some stores, there was also a disassembled weapon and even a submarine.  The two brothers were surprised.  Gru began to inspect the area, until suddenly... BOOM!  A loud noise was heard, Dru had accidentally dropped an iron bar.  Before Dru could apologize, the two of them hid and went into stealth mode as footsteps began to be heard from the other hallway.  He was the owner of the store, very confused and with a gun, which did not seem to contain bullets, in his hand, he began to inspect the place.  His face changed to one of anger when he saw the door split in two and that caused him to start pacing the room.  Dru and Gru, quite nervous, slowly made their way towards the exit until Dru tripped over something and cried out in pain.  There, the owner realized that he was not alone.  "Who's there?!?"  I yelled as he grabbed a pair of glasses and put them on.  "There you are" he said pointing to the two.  They realized that those goggles were anti visibility and quickly fled down the corridor and the stairs it contained, with the owner running after them.  Once they left the establishment, they took off their camouflage mode and ran towards the motorcycles, although the owner just grabbed his car and chased them.  They were fleeing along the Pier without knowing where to go, but at one point, the owner's vehicle launched some hooks that began to pull the two motorcycles.  Dru started screaming in fear, but they couldn't run away because the vehicle had more force, to the point that he started pulling them.  You could clearly hear the laugh of the owner, who followed them to the ocean, where he activated the aquatic mode, along with Gru and Dru, who did not want to sink.  Gru tried to stabilize the bike and succeeded and helped Dru.  They did not know where they were going, so they tried to stop the vehicle in any way.  Gru took out his freeze ray and started shooting but nothing, so Dru suggested that he freeze the chains and he did, they ended up breaking from the pressure and the two were able to free themselves.  Before the owner could react, the two went to the same level of the vehicle and Gru without thinking, froze it and hooked his motorcycle to the vehicle so it wouldn't drift.  "We've captured it!!"  Dru said happily as he watched as Gru called the alpha team to pick up the suspect.  When Gru caught sight of Dru, he started to yell at him but the distance was so far that Dru didn't understand, by the time he realized it was too late to slow down enough.  Boom!!!  Dru bumped into some rocks.
Gru quickly went over to Dru and pulled the vehicle aside to attend to Dru.  The alpha team had arrived by this time as well.  Dru got up and Gru scared asked if he was okay, to which he only commented that his arm hurt and that he was only half okay.

The alpha team took the villain away and Gru and Dru went to an ER doctor, which was open at that time.  Dru had broken one of the bones in her left arm and must have had it in a cast.  Dru left the consultation sad.  ~

- Dru: Brother... it's my first mission and I already hurt myself?...

- Gru: Hey, don't be discouraged, you did very well.

-Dru: I won't be able to continue being an agent...-He said, crestfallen.  -

- Gru: You're going to recover, Lucy's motherhood is going to last for many months.

- Dru: Well... It's the only thing I have left.

- Gru: I'll be waiting to have you in my team again.  He winked at him.  -

~ The two brothers returned the bikes and went straight to the house.  After putting on his pajamas, Gru went to say good night to Dru and went to his room.  There he found Lucy tenderly asleep and he just came over and kissed her on the forehead and then fell asleep next to her.

It was dawn and it was morning.
Gru and Dru got together to tell Lucy everything.  Lucy congratulated them on working so well together though she did feel sorry for Dru's arm.  But hey, as they knew, he was going to recover.  ~

wow!  Short episode but a lot of text and few dialogues!

Get ready for the next episode!👀