Part 12: One year older

~ It's been a month, it's the morning of September 28, the twins' birthday.  Lucy and the girls had already planned everything for the surprise party and planned to wake him up and bring him breakfast in bed and then go after Dru but the plan was ruined when the twins had been called on an AVL mission.  It had been a week since the holidays ended and they were both back at work, Dru with his arm healed.  Fortunately, the first two missions they had ended quite well to Lucy's surprise and she was hopeful that today's would be finished just as quickly as the other days.  Gru had woken up by Valérie's call and at that moment, he got up, kissed Lucy as a goodbye and went to the lab to put on his suit.  It was 9 in the morning and Lucy, awakened by the call from the AVL, went to wake up the girls and tell them about the event.  Together they decided to spend a girl's morning and then prepare for the party.  It was 3pm, the girls had already had lunch and as expected, frozen food because Lucy is not able to cook without burning something when Gru can't help her.  Gru at one point called Lucy to tell her that they were already going home, that they had stopped at a fast food restaurant to eat and that they would not be long.  Lucy and the girls quickly got ready, they called some minions that brought black and white balloons, others with streamers and together, they held a sign that said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY".  Minutes passed and the door handle began to be heard.  They had arrived.  Gru opened the door and..~

- Everyone: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

- Dru: AAAaaAAAAaaAaAAAAaAaAaAAAaAAAAASSSaAaAaAAA YOU HAVE REMEMBERED !!!!  - Screams of joy.  -

- Gru: And this??  - He said approaching Lucy.  -

- Lucy: Happy birthday darling.  -She said hugging Gru.  -

- Agnes: We have more to show you!  Put this on!  - She said handing them black blindfolds.  -

- Dru: I love surprisessss!!

~ Lucy grabbed Gru's hand and Edith Dru's and together with the others, they went down to the lab.  When they arrived, Gru and Dru took off their blindfolds and noticed how the lab was decorated like on Lucy's birthday.  Even there were Fritz and Marlena.  ~

- Dru: AAAAAAAA IT'S EVEN BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!!!!

- Gru: Awww thank you all, it's amazing!

- Fritz: Nice to see you again, Dru

- Dru: Fritzzz!!!  You've come!  -He said before hugging him.-

~ After so many years of suffering that Dru had with his father, Fritz became Dru's father figure.  He was with him since he was little and watched him grow up, he was the "Alfred" of "Bruce Wayne".  Marlena still went to congratulate and hug the two brothers.  They were quite happy and throughout the afternoon they celebrated with a piñata, which ended badly as a result of a minions fight, with a large cake and some gifts.  The night came and the guests left.  Dru decided to stay with Dr Nefario in the lab testing one of his gifts, a new weapon to use on his missions.  The girls went to sleep tired from so much partying and Gru and Lucy were left alone in the living room.  ~

- Lucy: Well, how did you spend it?

- Gru: One of the best parties!  I really appreciate your work.

- Lucy: I owed you.  - She said winking at him.  -

- Gru: It's so calm that we have now...

- Lucy: Well yes.. We 3 alone..

- Gru: Oh yes, our little one.

~ Gru stood at the height of Lucy's belly and began to hug her and talk to the baby .  Lucy just looked at him tenderly and laughed with him.  ~

- Lucy: Ayy you look so cute.