Part 11: Counting Stars

ATTENTION!  SPOILERS FOR THE NEW MOVIE MINIONS THE RISE OF GRU

~ It was August 23, the day after Lucy's birthday.  The family was sleeping until the alarm clock rang.  The couple woke up and while Gru cooked breakfast, Lucy went to wake up the girls.  As always, Gru prepared some sweet pancakes that the girls enjoyed a lot, although this day, Edith was bored and at breakfast she complained that they would stay another day at home.  Dru to remedy this, he promised to take the girls to the park.  After a while, Gru and Lucy got ready for their appointment with the gynecologist and left the girls in Dru's care.  They were walking towards the clinic.  ~

- Lucy: Oh, I'm so nervous... Do you think he'll tell us the sex of the baby?

- Gru: Possibly... You're almost 6 months pregnant now and according to what I've searched on the internet, it's already recognizable.

- Lucy: Well, whether it's a boy or a girl, it's going to be welcome.  Today we are supposed to be able to see it better.

Gru: Of course...

- Lucy: I just hope we're close, my back is knackered...

- Gru: We'll talk to the gynecologist about the symptoms.  We are close.

- Lucy: Would you buy me chocolate on the way back?  I crave chocolate ..

Gru: No problem.

~ The couple kept walking until they reached the clinic.  There they were attended by a kind lady who told them to stay in the waiting room until she tells them.  A few minutes passed, a happy couple left the room and the lady indicated that they should enter, where a tall, thin man with a large white coat and blond hair was waiting for them.  ~

- Doctor: Good morning!  I'm glad to see you here again.  Miss Wilde, please lie down on the stretcher.

~ Lucy proceeds to lie down while the doctor grabs some papers.  After that, they spend about 10 minutes talking about the symptoms and the pregnancy, while the doctor writes down all the information on the papers.  Once they finish, the doctor begins to prepare the ultrasound, Lucy was getting a little nervous but Gru calmed her down.  The doctor started with the ultrasound and little by little the screen began to show a gray spot.  The doctor began to focus and you could see the figure of what the baby would be.  Lucy held Gru's hand as she looked tenderly at the screen, appreciating the heartbeat as well as what the doctor was explaining to them.  ~

- Lucy: I still can't believe that this little thing is going to be our baby.  It looks so adorable ..- She said quite happily.  -

- Gru: And can we know the sex of the baby?

- Doctor: Sure, he's already developed enough to know!  Do you want to know?

~ After talking about it, Gru and Lucy decided they wanted to find out right now.  ~

- Gru: We have decided that we do want to know!

- Doctor: According to what I have been seeing, your baby is going to be a boy.  In addition, everything is perfectly correct and he is very healthy.

- Lucy: Yayyyy!  He is a boy!  She said with a cheerful tone.  -

- Gru: Wow, one more baron in this house.  He is going to be perfect.

~ After some small talk, the consultation was over and the couple happily left the room.  On the way, they continued to talk happily about their plans for the future and how happy they were until they went to buy the chocolate that Lucy asked for and arrived home.  They decided to keep the sex of the baby a surprise.  They spent the day quite well, in the afternoon they had gone to the park as Dru had promised and after having many adventures there they returned to the house and had dinner.  It was 10 pm, the girls were watching a family movie.  At one point, Lucy left saying that she wanted her to get some air and she went to the backyard.  Gru seeing that she was late, decided to go see.  ~

Gru: Honey, are you alright?

Lucy: I guess...

- Gru: Come, sit on the grass.  - He said patting the grass indicating her to sit down.  -

- Lucy: Some things are still in my head and sometimes they come to my mind unexpectedly.  -She said as she sat down next to Gru.  -

- Gru: What are you worried about?

- Lucy: I miss my job... I'm worried about how you're going to work after the holidays, you saw what happened with Dru...

- Gru: You shouldn't worry about that, sweetheart, you're going back to work after maternity leave... and I'll be fine, I promise...

- Lucy: I just hope that Valérie is not going to be hard on you again..

Gru: There's no reason for her to be.

-Lucy: Okay ..- She said after sighing.  -

- Gru: Don't worry, stress is not good for you.  Look at me, enjoy the holidays and enjoy that everything is fine.  - He said grabbing Lucy's hands and at the same time staring into her beautiful emerald eyes.  -

- Lucy: Thanks for everything. Sometimes I worry too much about things. ,- she said with a smile.  -

- Gru: I understand, normally I have read that at this stage of pregnancy you are sensitive and it is normal to get frustrated..

- Lucy: Yes, it's like you don't want to think about those things but worries invade your mind..

- Gru: I know, it happens to me.  But I will always be by your side when you need to talk about anything.  -,He said as he looks lovingly at Lucy.  -

~ At that moment, Lucy put one of her hands on Gru's cheek and slowly moved closer to hers without breaking eye contact.  Seconds later, her lips met in a warm kiss to which Gru responded by placing one of her hands on Lucy's cheek.  After the kiss, the two of them lay down on the grass, Lucy resting her head on Gru's chest and he began to play with her hair while they looked at the stars.  ~

- Lucy: Do you know any constellation?

-Gru: Mmm .. There's the Big Dipper, it's the only one I know ..- He says pointing to the constellation.  -

- Lucy: It looks like a frying pan. - She said between laughs.  -

- Gru: Today the stars are perfectly visible.

- Lucy: I haven't seen them this way in a long time.

- Gru: The same... but I enjoy it.

- Lucy: The moon looks amazingly good.

- Gru: The moon gives me so many memories..

- Lucy: Silas sent me to kidnap you for seeing how you had stolen the Moon.  He said that he already knew you beforehand and that he could trust you.

- Gru: Yeah... I've known him since I was little.  He told me not to get into trouble and in the end... Hehehe

- Lucy: How did you meet him?

- Gru: It was in the "Vicius 6" incident.  I don't know if you remember, but it was thanks to me and the minions that they were defeated.  Thanks also to the help of Wild Knuckles.. That's when I first saw him.. but I got to know him better at Knuckles' fake funeral, where he faked his death to save himself from the AVL.  There Silas spoke to me and he told me that.

- Lucy: Wow, you told me about the Vicius 6 but I never knew Silas was there.

-Gru: Yes .. the truth is that I miss Wild, he always gave me so much encouragement ..

- Lucy: He would be proud of you..

-Gru: But well... I should be proud of what I have...- He said putting his hands on Lucy's belly.  -

-Lucy: He will be too. Together we will give him a great childhood.

Gru: Of cours-.  Gru was interrupted when he noticed that the baby had kicked.

-Lucy: Ayyy the baby just took his first kick! - She said in a rather cheerful tone.  -

- Gru: The little ninja has responded to what you said hehe.

- Lucy: Oh how cute!

~ Gru stared lovingly at Lucy as he stroked her tummy.  Shortly after, the two began to feel sleepy and returned to the house.  When they went to the living room, they found the girls, Dru, Dave and Stuart asleep on the couch and Gru carefully puts a blanket on them so they don't get cold.  The couple goes to sleep peacefully.  ~