Part 6: Progress

~ The end of June, it was Tuesday and the heat was flooding the city, Gru and Lucy had had another fairly quiet month, at work, the AVL was still looking for Roger but for now they had no trace of him, so they decided to close the case now. As a consequence of this, they dedicated themselves to persecuting other more defenseless villains who gave the couple several victories.  The pregnancy was going perfectly and Lucy was still doing quite well and this day, Gru and Lucy finally decided to tell the girls, since they didn't think they should continue to keep it and more than that it was going to be physically noticeable to her.  They wanted to tell them while Dru would be out in the garden inflating a plastic pool.
It was 1 pm and Dru and the girls were preparing the pool while Gru and Lucy went shopping.  A while later, the couple returned to the house and after leaving the shopping bags in the kitchen, Lucy went and called the girls to go to the living room.  Gru went and talked to Dru and after that, he came back to Lucy, who was waiting for him in the hall.  ~

- Lucy: I hope everything goes well... I'm really nervous...

- Gru: And it will come out, you'll see.

~ Gru gave Lucy a kiss and together they headed to the living room.  The girls were confused about what they were going to say.  ~

- Edith: What is happening?  I'm getting bored, I want to get back to Dru.

- Gru: Patience, we have to tell you something important.

- Margo: And is that what I think?

- Gru: Yes Margo, it is, but leave it to us.

- Edith: Aww say it now, I want to go.  - She said annoyed.  -

- Agnes: Is it a good thing?

Gru: Yes, it is.  Now, Lucy will tell you.

- Lucy: Well girls, I don't want you to get upset... Gru and I want to tell you that you are going to have a little brother or sister, we don't know yet.

- Edith: WHAT?!  YOU ARE JOKING RIGHT? MARGO HOW DID YOU NOT TELL US BEFORE?

- Margo: Girls, things are better when they are a surprise.

- Edith: I don't want to imagine how-

Gru: EDITH!  - He interrupted her looking at her seriously.  -

- Agnes: OOOO I'M GONNA BE A BIG SISTER YEY!  This will be amazing!  -She said very excited as she jumped with happiness.  -

- Edith: Together with Dru I will be able to teach him or her how to be a great ninja!!

- Agnes: And I'm going to teach princes and princesses how to play!!

~ The girls started talking about things they could do with their new baby sibling.  Gru and Lucy very proudly admired how the girls accepted the arrival of another member to the family.  ~

Gru: Honey, I told you everything would be fine.

- Lucy: I see, much better than I expected..

- Gru: Although later I should tell my mother and call her..

- Lucy: And this will also turn out well, just as she took our relationship well.

Gru: As usual, all-

~ Gru was interrupted when the girls went to hug the two of them.  They, looking at the girls with tenderness, accepted the hug and gave them another, until suddenly... ~

- Dru: AWAWWww WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SCENE!!!!  - He said looking at the family with great tenderness.  -

- Gru: How long have you been there?