Part 13: Rain

~ It was October 25, 10 in the morning.  The girls were at school and the others in the house were sleeping. That day the rain was heavy, so much so that Dru had to personally take the girls to school by car, usually the girls used to walk alone since it was not too far.  Suddenly, the alarm clock rang and Gru woke up.  He noticed that Lucy was still asleep but when she woke her up, she asked him 5 minutes more to sleep, so Gru gave the minutes while he prepared breakfast.  Minutes later, Lucy went into the kitchen.  ~

Gru: Good morning!  How did you sleep?

- Lucy: Are you going to ask me?  -She said pointing to the dark circles under her eyes.

- Gru: The little ninja did not let you sleep today?  -He put a plate of pancakes on the table.  -

- Lucy: Not only the ninja, the pain..

Gru: Come on, you're pretty strong.  - He said before kissing her on the forehead and leaving the coffees on the table, of course Lucy's without caffeine.  -

- Lucy: This is a beating, lol.

- Gru: Well, I'm sure today will be better.

~ Just as Gru said ,his cell phone started ringing.  Gru frowned and went to take the call, he knew who called him.  Valerie.  Another mission for him and Dru.  Gru gave Lucy a sad look and went to get dressed.  Before he leaves, he waits for Dru to come up from the lab.  ~

- Lucy: Don't worry, okay?  I'll be fine, honey.

- Gru: I don't like to leave you alone..

Lucy: I won't be.  -She said looking at his belly, which already had a considerable size.  -

Gru: Take good care of yourself.  -He said after kissing her.  -

~ Dru had come to the kitchen with some minions who would help them with anything.  The two brothers said goodbye and left.

Lucy had been alone since the beginning of the school season.  Before, she spent her time with the girls, but now that they weren't around, she managed on her own.  In those moments, she takes the opportunity to have moments with her baby where she talks to her, plays music or simply lies down and caresses her belly to appreciate the kicks of the little ninja.  Other times, she goes for a walk with Kyle and Lucky, as an animal lover she also spends time with the two of them.  There are days that she even takes the opportunity to order some things like the baby's room or her own bedroom.  Lastly, in the most boring cases, she usually watches TV or goes down to the lab to have some company from Dr. Nefario and the minions.

This day, Lucy preferred to stay in the living room quietly trying to rest listening to the sound of the rain.  She hadn't rested well for a few days and she deserved a little peace of mind.  She lay down on the sofa and stared at the window.  At one point, Lucky decided to join her by laying down next to her.  Lucy began to pet the little goat until she fell asleep.

A few hours passed, the sound of her cell phone had woken her up.  It was Gru, he had told her that they were going to come back but that the car had been stopped in the middle of the road and that they were going to wait for a tow truck that would take a while to arrive.  Lucy, without saying anything, after the call put on one of the coats and carrying about 2 umbrellas she went to look for the two brothers in the street where they stopped, which was not too far away.  The rain was still heavy but she kept walking until she recognized Gru's huge chariot.  Dru was the first to see Lucy, he started waving at her until Gru noticed her.  ~

 Gru: Lucy?  What are you doing here, the rain is abundant

- Lucy: I was bored, I wanted to bring you an umbrella so that when you come back, you don't get soaked and you end up with a cold... Besides, walking is good for me.

- Gru: Aww thank you very much.  -He said hugging her.-

- Dru: Well, we better leave when the tow truck comes, right?

- Gru: Yes, before someone catches a cold.

~ The 3 plus some minions were walking towards the house after the crane came and took the huge car.  Lucy and Gru were together under one umbrella and Dru and the 3 minions that accompanied them were under another.  When they got to the house, Lucy brought them dry clothes.

Soon after, Dru went to get the girls and Gru and Lucy stayed behind to cook together.  That day they spent together as a family and it was a normal day like others.

The day passes and it is 10am the next day.  The alarm rings like every morning and Lucy wakes up.  ~

- Lucy: Good morning!  I was finally able to rest.  -She said as she stretched.  -

Gru: Good... morning.  - He said before sneezing.  -

- Lucy: Oh god , honey... Are you okay?

- Gru: My throat and head hurt a little..

- Lucy: You're a bit hot.. - Touching Gru's forehead.  -

Gru: I'll be fine.

- Lucy: I'm going to prepare breakfast and I'll take your temperature, okay?  -she kisses him on the head.  -

Gru: It's okay.

~ She proceeds to go wake up the girls and prepare breakfast with Margo's help.  Yes, Margo whenever she can helps Lucy to prepare the food.  When breakfast was ready, Lucy wondered that Dru hadn't arrived yet and she could expect the worst.  That's right, he was just like Gru.  Lucy took the temperature of both of them to check that they did not have a fever and well, they did not have high temperatures.  She also brought a breakfast tray with the girls and throughout the day they were taking care of them.

For every day that passes, they are getting closer to the big day.  Some better days, others worse, but they didn't change that there were only 2 months left for that little being to come into this world.
Gru and Lucy were preparing little by little.💕 ~

In short, always be careful in winter with the rain and bundle up. 🤑