6. Introduction

Shraddha walked in the closet, after a shower.
Pranav, dressed in a long sleeves T-shirt and black Jeans, was adjusting a wrist watch on his wrist. He halted his movements when she entered.
After all, he was not used to share his place. He contemplated once and opened a long vertical drawer.
She looked curiously and was surprised to see an array of neatly arranged buckles. He picked up a heavy looking one and clasped it to a leather belt.

"How are you?" he asked her to distract her, when she was keenly observing his closet.

"I am fine." she replied looking at him.
But her eyes got focused on his chest. Behind his T-shirt, there was a large locket, that was protruding, from the fabric. The circular shape of the locket was clearly visible as the fabric of his T-shirt wrapped around him. It was around the size of a cucumber slice.

His eyes widened when he realized what she was observing. He turned away immediately and locked the closet. He was about to leave when her words halted him in his tracks.

"Nice collection of the buckles. Can I see them?"

He looked at her with furrowed eyebrows.
"Do not trust anything around you. Any innocent looking thing can be fatal. Beauty is always deceiving."

She parted her lips in surprise and he walked away, without another word.

He did not come out for the breakfast, but went in the balcony, and was quite restless, as he paced there.
She shook her head in defeat and looked at the wall clock.
It was about Eight in the morning.

Leaving him to brood she went down to the living room.
She looked at the newspaper and was about to read that, when the doorbell rang. Walking towards the door, she opened it, only to find, Jay standing there, leaning on the wall, with groggy eyes. His hair was disheveled and the top two buttons of his shirt were open.

She was surprised but he froze at her sight. He was expecting Neetu.
He immediately straightened up and buttoned up his shirt.

"Sorry." he said, looking down, but crisp and clear.

He marched in without a word and while he climbed the stairs, he met Pranav midway. He halted there, and the two had a serious discussion about something. Nodding, Pranav walked down and came to his wife.

"Don't mind him. We are not used to having females around, in the house." Pranav stated.

"Neetu?" She asked.

Pranav understood what she wanted to say.
He chuckled softly.

"She has seen us in our worst moments. She and RaniMaa doesn't count."

Exactly in next ten minutes, Jay was at the breakfast table, with his backpack on his shoulder.

"Any plans for your honeymoon?" Jay asked bluntly and Shraddha fell into a fits of cough.
Pranav just looked at him with expressionless face.

"Siddharth Bhai was asking me. I can clear the coast." Jay added, ignoring Shraddha.

She looked up confused.

"No. That will not be needed. Just ask Carol to get an update of everything. Stream her in and if anyone else is needed, I want all the professionals around. You know the rest." Pranav replied.

Jay nodded and focused on his food.

Both the brothers left in different cars.

It was around mid day, when Shraddha was arranging her things in the closet, when she was informed over the intercom, that she was requested in the reception area of the house. Confused, she walked down to see an elegant woman, dressed in smart formals, waiting for her.