12. Failed Revenge

Both Shraddha and Pranav were not on good terms again when Pranav left that morning.
She was fuming with anger and his father, Gautam was having a similar situation.

Shraddha turned on her heels and went to her bedroom. She wanted to break all the things around her and shatter them into pieces. But he had warned her not to touch anything that  specifically did not belong to her.
She could not understand what she could do to make him feel miserable.

She was surprised when she was called downstairs by her father-in-law, to inform that he was leaving again. He placed a loving hand on her head and assured her that he will give a nice dose of sanity to Pranav.
She did not understand why he suddenly left and what was the reason for such a short visit.

Shraddha was absentmindedly brushing her hair, lost in her own thoughts. Her brush got entangled in her nuptial chain and she was pulled out of her reverie. She carefully entangled it and her eyes caught the sight of the gleaming diamonds in the pendant.
An evil thought slithered in her mind.

She tossed the brush back on the dressing table and picked up her phone. She looked for a website and found a few renowned jewellers that could give the most expensive diamond jewellery.

She called one of them and placed an order of a large bracelet for herself that could cost more than two and a half crores.
She was sure, Pranav would go mad when he will have to pay for that. She will then frame him for being insensitive and incapable to provide her basic needs.
She had requested that the bracelet be delivered by the early evening.

Pranav was aware that his father left immediately after his departure in the morning. He sighed in relief and focused on his work. He was aware that, he was being followed from last two days and he was not very impressed by the ways of his stalker. The man appeared new to his work and did not take enough precautions to keep himself in the shadows.

Pranav knew, there was a danger lurking in the dark corner.

By the late afternoon, he received a call from his security at home, informing him about a package received from a certain jeweller. The package was scanned and nothing suspicious was found. Pranav shook his head in disbelief as he realized who the receiver of the package was. He allowed it to be delivered to Shraddha.

She was ecstatic when she saw the beautiful bracelet. She had bluntly asked the jeweller to get the payment from her husband.

Pranav stepped out of the elevator and from the periphery of his vision, he saw a man trying to hide himself behind a car. Faking ignorance, Pranav walked to his own car, unlocked it and got behind the drivers seat.
He started the car and, in the rear view mirror, he could see the man came out the shadows, giving a death glare to his car.

Pranav just maneuvered his car towards his Villa.

He was well aware that the attack was just procrastinated and the man was waiting for a right moment.

He came home to find his wife in not a very good mood. Not that he expected her to give him a smile. He walked to the closet and locked it from inside.
He opened the locked drawers and placed his watch, pen and buckle of his belt securely. He then placed the belt in its designated place and locked everything back.

He took a long soaking shower and came out in a pair of comfortable lounge wear.

"Where are you going?" Shraddha asked when she saw him going out of the room.

"To attend the birds. You need something from me?" He asked looking at her.

She realized that he was calm as always.