35. Unpredictable

Diya did not know; how many days had passed.

For her, every moment was same... filled with darkness... lonely and frightening.

She missed her husband every given moment. She missed his warm smiles and comforting embrace. She missed the way he made her eat and the way he patted her to sleep.

She was left in a cold but safe palace.

The fact that she was safe there, could do nothing to soothe her lonely heart.

She was taken care of in every terms. She was looked after by an array of maids, who were prohibited from leaving the palace. Every possible facility was at her beck and call.

Her diet, her exercise, was taken care of by certified professionals. She was growing and glowing, just like a pregnant woman should do.

One fine morning, when Diya stepped out in the vast open gardens, to have a breath of fresh air, she happened to sit down on a wooden bench, lost in her own thoughts.

"You are beautiful than I was told." Came a feminine voice and Diya was startled.

She looked back to find a young elegant woman looking back at her with a fond smile.

Diya held a protective hand on her baby-bump and stood up shakily. She looked at the young woman, with apprehension filled eyes, and the woman smiled wider. She walked closer to Diya and Diya stood rooted to her spot.

"Hi! I am Rajbansi. His Majesty's Wife."

Diya widened her eyes and parted her lips in surprise. She did not know, that the King was married already. All these days, whenever he came to meet her, he had made her comfortable around him, but never mentioned that he was married.

"You are the Queen?" Diya asked flabbergasted.

Rajbansi gave out a rich laugh. "I wish" she replied.

"Prithvi would never give me that title. He says, titles come with responsibilities. He told me to enjoy my life. He will manage every other thing. So, here I am. To enjoy and spend some time with you." She replied smiling.

Diya blinked at her, and finally could not help the smile that was the result of the positive energy Rajbansi radiated.

Princess Rajbansi came like a fresh breath of air. Diya soon forgot that she was all alone for the last uncountable days. The princess was an epitome of elegance in herself and made Diya forget about all the worries, as she described how she liked to trouble the proud king.

The proud king in question was feeling utterly helpless, as his wife had an audacity to go to the island, all by herself. He did not waste time in calling Dev and reprimanding him, for extending the information about Diya to the audacious princess.

"What do I do? She manipulates me, saying I have to follow her orders." Dev tried to defend himself and was thrown into another pool of reprimands.

Prithvi had no choice, but to wait until she decided to come back. He had a business to manage, back in West Bengal, and could not just follow his wife and drag her back. The single positivity was, if Rajbansi happened to bond with Diya, which she did, Diya would be saved from the misery of being locked up alone and would have a nice company.

Prithvi received a call from the notorious Princess the next morning. He decided to ignore his vibrating phone, when he saw who the caller was. But that did not help the small smile that appeared on his lips, with the memory of his beautiful wife.

He had to receive the call, when the Princess called him sixth time in a row. He decided to remain silent, while holding the phone to his ear.

"Are you mad at me for some reason?" asked the feminine voice from another end and Prithvi had to roll his eyes at her goldfish memory.