17. Overshadowed

Jay preferred a helicopter from the airport to the hotel.

Jay was an adventurous man, and usually preferred road trips. But now that he was accompanied by his sister-in-law, it would have been easier and faster to travel by air.
Shraddha was welcomed with open heart by her entire family. Though they were a little disappointed that Pranav did not show up, they were happy to have Jay with them.

Jay looked at Shraddha with apprehensive eyes, as she was escorted to the room, reserved for her and Pranav, in the hotel. She was closely followed by Tara.

As soon as Shraddha was in the room, she requested to be left alone for some time. She demanded that the journey was quite tiring for her and she needed a short nap.
Tara looked at her suspiciously, but did not reply. When everyone left the room, Shraddha really freshened up and lied down on the bed, and was in a deep slumber in no time.

Tara took her time to look around the room and the property, through the wide windows of the room.

The functions began and Shraddha was enthusiastic as she participated in every function.
She was extremely happy and so were her family members. Her parents had lost hope, that their son-in-law would allow her to attend the wedding. But her arrival at the function was like a fresh breath of air and their family felt complete.

Nothing suspicious or out of the blue happened in three days of their stay in Jaipur. But that did not let Jay or Tara, put their guards down. Tara was in complete character of the old woman and carried it out as if she had practiced it for years together. She was sticking to Shraddha like a shadow, and would not leave her alone, even for the bathroom visits.

Pranav was being informed of everything being under control, at agreed intervals.

The wedding was scheduled in the evening on fourth day of their stay.

Shraddha suddenly felt exhausted, as she was getting ready for the functions. She got up and drank a full glass of water. But the slight dizziness was still there. She perched on the bed and held her head in her palms.
Tara narrowed her eyes.

"What's wrong? Are you fine?" Tara was on alert now.

"Yes. It's just the hot weather. I will be fine in sometime." Shraddha replied.

But next moment, she excused herself, rushing to the bathroom, and just could not control, when all the contents of the stomach spilled out. Tara supported her, as she was dry heaving for a while.

Tara helped her clean up and brought her back to the bedroom and offered her a glass of water.
Shraddha looked at her suspiciously. The fragile looking old woman, had a strong hold on her, as she escorted her to the bedroom, nearly carrying her.

Tara scrutinized her and observed her from head to toe.
"Are you pregnant?" She asked out.

Shraddha looked at her with wide eyes and wise Tara got her answer.

"Is the boss aware?" She asked again.

Shraddha pursed her lips and looked away, not in the mood to answer.

Tara clenched her jaw.

"Were you aware, before you left?" She asked, trying to maintain her calm, owing to the fact that she was talking to her boss's wife.

Shraddha did not answer again. But by the attitude she was showing, Tara immediately understood that Shraddha was aware of her pregnancy before they left and was deliberately hiding the fact from Pranav.

Blinking thoughtfully, she just pressed a button on one of necklaces and spoke in the microphone that was carefully weaved in it, to look like a decorative stone.
Shraddha widened her eyes.