16. Fears

Kite had made his royal visit, multiple times, in these few months.

Pranav had not found anything suspicious in his transmitted information. He would be filled with a fresh wave of fear and anxiety at Kite's every visit.
It was either, his father was planning something more brutal or was waiting for a right moment.
Both the things did not settle well with Pranav's experienced brain.

He would look at the innocent woman in his arms and his heart would fill with pity.
He knew, he was depriving her of small joys. And he could do absolutely nothing about it. But it was not his fault that he was married to her.... It was not with his consent. And it was not her fault too, that she was married to him. He knew, it was more than just forced.

What could he do? He did not have the heart to see a woman brutally shattered into bits and pieces.
He still could not forget the scene and his breathing would pick up at the memories.

But to his disappointment and dismay, there came a moment, when Shraddha demanded something, and he knew, he had no right to refuse.

It came as a shocker to him, when Shraddha was elated at the news of her only brother's wedding. It was a destination wedding, that was scheduled to take place in a grand hotel at Rajasthan.
His denial was not taken lightly by Shraddha and she went in defensive mode, refusing to eat and drink, until he accepted to let her go.

Pranav was caught in dilemma.

He had always witnessed the lovely bond she and her elder brother shared. He was very caring and affectionate towards her whenever he came to the Villa to meet her. He was sweet young man and respected Pranav as the husband of his younger sister.
Now that he was getting married, Pranav had no choice but to let her go.

But his heart and mind was clouded with known fear.

He found his brain fogging with the thoughts to keep her safe.

There was only one man, who could prove to be a shield around his wife.
His younger brother.... Jay.

He knew, she will be alive as long as she was in his proximity.

Deciding on his course of action, he discussed it with Jay. Though Jay furrowed his eyebrows, he accepted it without a question. He was ready to follow his brother's command as if it was only thing he was born to do.

Jay was supposed to escort Shraddha to the wedding and Pranav was to stay back and handle everything at home and office.

Shraddha was very disappointed at the turn of events.
She neither shared a good bond with Jay, nor was comfortable around him.

When she tried to protest, she was told with finality that, she would either stick to Jay at all times, or would not go altogether.
Shraddha had no choice but to agree.

On the eve of their departure, she was called in Jay's room. With anticipation filling her heart, she knocked on the door of his bedroom and Pranav opened it.

She stepped in, fidgeting with the end of her stole.

"Just a few last minute preparations." Pranav whispered when she settled on the sofa. Jay was carelessly sipping on a drink.

"Jay cannot accompany you everywhere. Like when you will be in women only functions. For those situations, Tara will be there with you at all times." Pranav stated.

Shraddha huffed in annoyance, but did not react much. She knew, it would be of no use. She just nodded in agreement.

"Who is Tara?" She asked.

Pranav gestured towards the window and Shraddha followed his gaze, just to get the shocker of her life.

A very old woman, in her late eighties, was standing feebly, leaning on her staff. She had a traditional Rajasthani attire. She could hardly stand, balancing her own weight, and those ivory bangles in her upper and lower arm, appeared more than what she could manage. The heavy necklaces in her neck, made her look like she would die any given moment, due to suffocation. Her lehenga was laden with small and big size mirror work.