48. Solace

"What is happening? Who are they? Prithvi?"

A troubled feminine voice resonated from above the stairs and Prithvi closed his eyes in defeat, even before he looked up.
Pranav looked at the source of voice with furrowed eyebrows, while Jay stood up with the boy in his arms and looked at the beautiful woman who hurried down towards her husband.

"Bansi, I told you to be in the room." Prithvi reminded her sternly.

"Why is he holding my child? What are you planning to do?" She asked fisting a handful of fabric of his shirt with glossy eyes and torn voice.

The moment Kabir called 'Daddy', her ears had perked up and an unwanted wave of fear ran down her spine. She did not want to think what she was thinking.

Prithvi gently pulled away her wrists and turned her around to guide her to their room.

"No... I am not going anywhere. I want my baby. Prithvi... You can't do this to me. This is not fair to me." She cried and tried to struggle in his hold.

Both Pranav and Jay were stunned at what was happening. They did not anticipate such a turn of events and Jay unknowingly tightened his hold over the child that he had just met. A wave of fear struck him, looking at the woman who was crying for his child and a knot twisted within him. Pranav wrapped an arm around him, trying to stay strong for him.

Prithvi sternly turned his wife around to look at him, but she cried and struggled to get out of his hold.

"Bansi, look at me." He tried to talk to her, not liking the drama that was being created in front of the strangers, but Rajbansi was not in the mood to understand.

"Bansi!" He exclaimed again and she in turn called for Kabir, who was startled.

Prithvi shook her and screamed, "Rajbansi!"

That caught her attention and made her stand still with flowing eyes and ragged breath. Prithvi gently pulled her closer and wrapped her in his arms and she knew that she lost the battle already. She broke down bitterly in his arms, and tried to hit him with her dainty fists on his chest, whispering, "I hate you", in agony and despair.

Both the brothers did not what to do and looked at each other. Prithvi realized their discomfort and gently guided his wife to their room, where his son was awake and his wife was forced to forget her worries momentarily and tend to the baby.

"Sorry about that." Prithvi came back and whispered, blinking rapidly and trying to shut the memory of his weeping wife.

"She will cause no trouble." He added.

"Maybe, she needs you now." Jay whispered.

Prithvi chuckled lightly, "she needs Kabir. But she will eventually understand."

Prithvi sighed and raked his fingers through his thick locks.
"When would you like to meet Diya?"

There was no point in making anymore delay and Prithvi asked to keep the helicopter ready for the ride to the islands of Andaman.

"Can I hold him?" Pranav asked Jay who nodded with a small smile and forwarded the boy.
Pranav gently held the boy in his arms and lightly brushed his fingers in the thick luscious locks that fell on his forehead to push them back. He stroked his soft cheek and kissed his forehead and he could not stop kissing his cheek and wrapped his arms around the soft tiny body. Tears threatened to spill and Jay could not hold himself from hugging his brother who wrapped an arm around him. Jay again broke down in uncontrollable muffled tears.

The moment was too emotional, even for Prithvi and he left them to have a moment in private.

The helicopter ride was silent one.
Prithvi was wondering if he was doing the right thing by handing over his responsibility.