INTERMISSION AU

Not connected at all to current story

Bright lets his fingers move idly in a strumming motion. But it wasn't guitar strings he was lovingly caressing, it was the soft hair of Win.

His arm was under Win's long neck and the side of his forehead resting on Win's forehead.

It was a rare day of rest for both of them. No shoots or appearances scheduled and they were spending it in the best way possible- lazing around in bed surrounded by half eaten bags of chips and game controllers, Beiber playing softly through a bluetooth speaker, air conditioning on full blast.

Win, who fell asleep a half hour ago, begins to stir. He opens his eyes slowly and smiles as he sees Bright's face.

"Good morning my graduate," Bright whispers.

Win's nose scrunches and his cheeks flush pink. "Stop calling me that."

"But I'm so proud of you."

Win play punches Bright's chest, bringing his body closer to his. So very swiftly, Bright takes this chance to kiss the top of Win's head.

"Sneaky!," Win complains except he wasn't really complaining.

They fall once again into comfortable silence. Bright scoots lower and rests his head just beside Win's chest.

Tentatively, he breaks the silence.
"Win?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you want me to come to your graduation?"

"Of course I want you to come," was the fast reply.

Bright lifts himself up and balances his face on his palm. He looks at Win earnestly. "I know you want me to come and you know how proud I am of you and I totally want to be there for you. But you also know why I am asking..."

Bright trails off and Win sighs. Bright read him right of course. Even though he hid it well, he should have known Bright would pick up on his apprehension.

He is graduating and that is a big fucking deal. Everyone else in his batch will eagerly invite their significant others. They will pose for photos. Kiss under the bleachers. They will wave at each other on stage.

But he's Win. And beside him is Bright.
They weren't everyone else.

And although Win loved 99% of his job - 1% of him still dies at the constant scrutiny.

Bright has always been good at shaking it off. Win had tried to learn to do the same while keeping what he could of his life private.

But recently that has become harder.
There were death threats now.
And not just on his life.

It made him want to hide what he and Bright have behind a heavy door and swallow the key.

He wanted Bright to be with him on his graduation day. But did he want all the commentary that would come with it?

As if reading his thoughts, Bright resumes playing with Win's hair as he gently says: "While everyone's attention is at the ceremony, I could sneak into your house like I always do? Have dinner with you and your family?"

"I don't like that I need to keep you a secret, you know that right? That if I could, I'd shout from every rooftop that we're together?"

"Babe," Bright says gentler still. "Of course I know. But you're a superstar so I need to adjust."

"You have 2 million more followers, Vachirawit."

"I started way earlier, Metawin."

They grin at each other. Win loved how Bright always managed to make him smile even when he was feeling down.