Metawin

I could have kissed him right there. I wanted to grab his cheeks and kiss those beautiful bow shaped lips.

Never has someone throwing a knife ever looked so goddamn sexy.

He takes care of me. And it will forever be the best feeling in the world.

We were on a beach miles away from the Royal Palace. Alone on the shore, only a picnic basket and our phones to our name. No royal guards and aids in sight just as Bright ordered. It's amazing what a Royal Prince can accomplish with a few stern words.

 It's amazing what a Royal Prince can accomplish with a few stern words

"What are you thinking of?," he asks as he opens a bottle of beer

"'My dogs," I lie. Didn't want him to know he's all I think about these days. Cannot allow him to get too full of himself.

"We should bring them next time," he smiles. Like always it transforms his whole face, gone are the furrowed brows, and that meltingly piercing stare - it is like watching marble turn into clouds.

I smile back. "Next time, huh?"

Bright blushes and I cannot take it anymore. "Please," I ask. "Can't you kiss me?"

He looks up, eyes wide. I could practically hear his fear. "I was just kidding," I say, getting my own beer bottle. I clear my throat and change the subject. "So, Golf Association? Really?"

"Stupid isn't it? But after today, I may finally be excused from ever attending that ever again."

"I am sorry about that."

"Why are you the one who's sorry?," he says in a steel-cold voice and I see murder return to his eyes. I reach over and run my hand up and down his arm, willing Bright to calm down.

"I am sorry because of the commotion they caused. I know that as stupid as those meetings are, they are still part of your duty," I explain.

"It is not my duty to stand aside as they disrespect those I care for."

"You just admitted you care for me," I teased.

"How can you laugh after being treated like that?"

"Years of practice, my Prince," I reply. "I keep away for a reason."