And they lived happily ever after

Win stood still, his hands around a spool of string. He tugs on it gently as he continues to look upwards, watching his blue kite soar in the wind.

 He tugs on it gently as he continues to look upwards, watching his blue kite soar in the wind

He enjoys it, the calmness of being all alone in this part of the Royal Garden. The peace of being surrounded by nothing but trees and a breeze. Normally, he'd be with his two dogs, give them time to run free. But they were otherwise indisposed.

To be honest, he should be somewhere else as well. But he needed these last few moments of being lost in his own thoughts.

"There you are."

Ah, he's been found already.

Win continues staring up at the kite as he hears the footsteps approach him.

"Is it time, already?," Win asks the person now beside him.

"Are you having second thoughts?"

Win lets his gaze fall beside him. "Never, my Love."

Bright smiles, his eyes falling to the grass beneath his feet. He wonders if there will ever be a time when the word "love" from his Metawin's lips would stop making him flustered. He doubts it.  

He steps a little closer to him. "Why are you here then instead of getting dressed?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I was looking for you. I am always looking for you."

"You don't need to look anymore. I am right here. Always beside you."

Bright takes the spool from Metawin's hands. Their fingers touch and a current runs through Win's skin. He is suddenly aware of his pulse and his breath. Touching Bright always made him feel so alive.

They wordlessly watch the kite glide in the wind - Win's arms around Bright's waist, Win's chest pressed against Bright's back.

A perfect pair.
A match made in heaven.
A living testament that love - true love - exists.

"Did you mean it back then, when you asked me to marry you?"

"You mean when I was 12?"

"Did you?"

The tips of Win's ears flush red. "I think I did."

"Couldn't resist my charms, huh?," came Bright's teasing reply.

"If I remember correctly you found me so handsome, you left your guards and followed a complete stranger into the woods. So I'd say it's you who cannot resist me."

"I can't," Bright replies honestly. "I was yours from the moment you smiled my way."

"Who the fuck talks that way? You're too irritatingly perfect Bright Guntithanon." Metawin tries to sound annoyed but speaking against the soft curve of Bright's ear, his lips inevitably grazing on Bright's smooth neck - it was impossible to sound anything but smitten.