Flashback

Almost three years ago
Win's 21st birthday
7 years after he met Bright in the Royal Gardens

Metawin turns 21 today.
And he was spending it alone in some loud sports bar filled with strangers.
He could not claim that no one cared about his birthday. Dara wanted to throw him a small party but he had said no. She also offered to just hang out but he said no to that too. He even caught the staff in his house planning him a surprise dinner but he quickly convinced them that they did not have to.

He just wanted to stay at the city center tonight, far away from his castle or any castle for that matter. The farther he was from there, the farther he was from thoughts that just made him sad.

Win motions to the bartender and orders another beer. He takes out a bill from his wallet and - goddamn this Prince. Why was he so handsome even when printed on a crumpled piece of paper?

Most of the time, Win was far too busy with his life to even think about his childhood crush on the Royal Prince. But sometimes, especially now, alone with his 5th glass of alcohol he cannot help but think about him. Bright in the gardens - that was the last uncomplicated day of Win's life. Everything else after Bright was called away had been either a mess or a blur.

"He is handsome, I agree," a flute like voice says.

Win snaps his head upwards and quickly puts the bill down on the counter. "I was just wondering if I had more cash."

The woman beside him laughs. "I am sure they take credit."

He nods and smiles at her. She was cute. Dimples and round cheeks. She wore a simple shirt and waist high jeans but one could quickly see she was built strong - heavy hips, muscular thighs, arms that would look sculpted when pinned to a wall.

She gives Win a slow, sweet smile as if she could read his mind and agreed to his train of thought.

"So you think you have enough money to buy me a drink?," she says, lightly touching Win's arm.

Win motions to the bar stool beside him and he tells the bartender to get him and the lady a drink.

"Scotch neat for me," she quips. "And the lady's name is Ployjan."

"My name is Win."

"So what are you doing here, Win? Watching the tennis match?" Ployjan motions to the television sets circling the bar.

"Just wanted to unwind

"Just wanted to unwind. I work near here."

"I envy you. I have to travel all the way here after work if I want a decent drink."

Win is intrigued. Most people traveled to the city center to work. "Where do you work? Don't tell me you came all the way from the farm lands just to drink?"

"I work at the Palace."

Win didn't want to be interested. He didn't want to ever talk about the Royal Family or the Crown Prince. He was 21 now! So much time has passed, he should not be so hung up on such a stupid childhood crush. But he could not help it.
"Do you get to work with the Prince?," he asks before he could stop himself.

Their drinks come and Ployjan takes a sip before touching his cheek. "Don't tell me you're one of his fan boys?"

"Uh me? No. Of course not. It's just that it must be so different from my job."

"I mostly work in an office in the Palace. It's a lot of administrative work. I rarely see any of the Royal Family."

"Of course," Win says with a nod, slightly disappointed that Ployjan could not offer any more information.

An awkward silence ensues. Win sighs. He's usually much better than this, usually he knew just what to say or what joke to crack or how close to lean. But he was just so tired to put on a show tonight.

Win motions for the bartender to refill their drinks.

"Are you sure you're okay?," Ployjan asks as she downs her second glass of scotch and orders a shot of tequila. The flirtiness in her voice replaced with concern and drunkenness.

"I am sorry for being such a downer. I'm just- "

"Broken-hearted?"

Win is supposed to shake his head. He was not broken-hearted at all. He's not been in a relationship recently. And he's known for simply having flings. But he finds himself nodding.

"That sucks," Ployjan says. "I've been there. Broke up with my ex six months ago. It used to be hell to even get out of bed but am fine now. You'll be fine too."

"But it's been years," Win says, surprised at the words tumbling out of his mouth. Why was he lying? Years since what? Since who?

"Years? Was this the love of your life?"

"I- I don't know. Maybe he's just a might have been."

"A he?"

"Dramatic bisexual what can I say?", Win jokes feebly.

"Can't you call him up? If it's been years of heartache then maybe it's worth asking him for another shot?"

"He won't remember who I am. We were never together. As I said, I'm just being dramatic."

Win looks up from his drink and he is surprised to see that Ployjan seemed to be attracted to his sadness. The two of us need therapy.

"Do you want another drink?," he asks her. "I'm buying."

She nods. "Or we could drink at my place."

We definitely need therapy.

He pulls her close, their kiss is sloppy and messy. They both taste of alcohol. Win wonders as he snakes a hand around her waist how different kissing Bright would be. He wonders if he should have kissed him that day in the garden or if that would have made the yearning worse. He wonders if Bright ever thought of the boy by the lake. He wonders how many princes and princesses Bright has kissed, has loved, has been with. He wonders why he keeps thinking of the Prince when he was a Teepakorn and no royal in their right mind would ever be with someone with his name.

Anger floods him. The unfairness of it all floods him. His kisses become manic.

Ployjan pushes him off.

Win snaps back to his senses. "I am sorry," he says. He probably pushed too far, maybe even hurt Ployjan.

But he sees it now, the pain in her eyes. Similar to the pain in his own. She wasn't okay like she said she was. They were both lying to themselves.

"Take me home, Win."

There was no sleep that night. They licked and bit and kissed and fucked. They rode each other like they wanted each other - but both of them were thinking of someone else.

- - -
Author's Note:

Okay so I wanted HEA to be all fluff but I realized that we really needed some angst because at the end of the day The Prince and The Viscount want very different things in their life. So how are they going to reconcile that?

Uh I am figuring that out still. Hahahaha! This author is very bad at plotting out her own stories.

How is everyone? LOL is so near! I am so excited!

Also, everyone is saying Vise Versa is cute? Should I watch it? Everyone is also saying there will be a Sarawat Tine cameo? And I don't know if my heart is prepared for that. 🫠🫠🫠

GMMTV PLEASE BL FOR BRIGHTWIN