A Chill in the Air

Hera POV.  

      On our way back to school you could tell the students were frighten. Now the words out that Voldemort is certainly a live. I've heard some parents didn't even want their children to come back. And I don't blame them. Only if they knew death eaters are walking in the same hallways as the students.

     I can tell that recent events has effected all of us. Draco has the mark, that he never wanted. He's going down the same path as his father that he said he swear he wouldn't.
    And I feel like the one to blame. We started this as a plan to stop Voldemort but all I see us doing is helping him. And I dragged Draco down along with me.
     My friends, their parents are trying to drag them into it too. This is no life I would ever want for my child, so why would they think so for theirs. Fear of Voldemort would never make me give up my child's freedom to pick the right choices for them.

    As I was walking back to my seat, I heard Draco say, " That's if I don't jump off the astronomy tower first." I could tell he was getting depressed but I never thought it would get this far.

   "Draco, don't talk like that because that's not going to happen." I say sitting down next to him. I take his hand and I can feel him relaxing from my touch.
   After awhile Pansy and Blaise tried to start up a conversation to clear the air. It's the effort that counts.

   Once we got to Hogwarts everything went as normal. The welcoming dinner, sorting of the houses then we went to our common room. Entering the common room, I can tell the current events even effected the Slytherins.

   For the first time they're all quiet. The first years was able to get away without being bullied their first night. Just hopefully tomorrow everyone tries to have a better day.

Next Day>>

     "You're ready for breakfast?" Draco asks as we're sitting in the common room

     "Yup." Blaise and Pansy says getting up.

     "Yeah. I just have to go get my books. I'll be right behind you." I say getting up to get my stuff

    "Are you sure? We can wait." Pansy asks

   "Yeah, I'm sure. It'll just be really quick." I say

   "Alright, see ya there." Draco says says as they leave.

   I went back to my room and got my bag with my books and ran straight out to catch up. As I walked the halls, I started to feel abit of an uneasy feeling.
   Until I was strucked into a vision, but it was more of flashing pictures. First, a beautiful necklace. Then, what seemed to be a puddle of blood on the floor. Then the astronomy Tower on a gloomy night.

    I tried to shake it off and keep walking but suddenly trouble wanted to find me. I was shoved into the bathroom. Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.

    "You've brought her in here." Myrtle says then fleeing

    I turn around to see three people I specially don't want to talk to right now. My sister and her two goons

   "What's the meaning of this?" I say

   "I just need to know." Hermione says before stepping closer.

   "Know what?" I ask totally confused

    Suddenly she grabs my arm and yanks my sleeve up. As she searches my arm her reaction started off shocked then relieved.

   "Sorry." She simply says

   "You thought I had the mark. Didn't you?" I say getting upset. Like what she's assuming is true but I don't have it on me. I ultimately feel bad that Draco even has it.

    "Hera, I didn't mean anything by it but how you're been acting lately. I thought." She says trying to explain herself

    "You've thought wrong. Excuse me, I have somewhere to be. Clearly unlike you three. It's the first day and you have  absurd of accusations, already." I say trying to get passed them to get out

    "But you've seen him. Haven't you? You're probably not one but you're with them." Potter says making me stop in my tracks

    "It's none of your business, Potter. And even it was true, do you really think I'll tell you." I say then leaving out. 

    After leaving the brainy bunch, I finally made it to breakfast. Then shortly after they walk in.

   "What was that about?" Draco immediately asks as I sit

   "What are you talking about?" I ask trying to get off of that whole situation.

   "Your sister and her friends." He says

  "They wanted to fact check their accusations. So they pulled me in the bathroom and checked my arm." I explain

   "That's absurd." Pansy says

   "I know."

   "They need to watch themselves before they learn something they wish they never knew." Draco says upset then turns to me, "Are you okay?"

   "Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it."  I say

    "Alright. I want you to tell me if they do anything else to you, okay?" He says

    "Okay." I simply say and finish my breakfast

    After breakfast, the day went as normal. We had each of our classes. My sister and her goons gives us looks. We give them looks. We get annoyed and we continue with our day.

   "Come on, it's been along day." Pansy says dragging us back to out common room.

    We all sit down in front of the fire and just enjoy each other's company.

   "I guess the first day was wack." Blaise says

   "Definitely." Draco says

  Until it got a lot worse in a way. The fire rises and falls to reveal a letter. I stand to pick it up.

   "What does it say?" They asks

   "Umm, we have a meeting soon." I say soon feeling the tension in the air.

   "All of us." I add

   "What do you mean all of us?" Draco asks getting worried.

   "He requested to see them." I answer

   "No. It was only suppose to be us. They can't get caught up in this. It's not fair to them." Draco says getting scared for his friends

   "Draco, it's alright. We'll go. No need to cause a fuss." Pansy says standing up

    "No, None of this was suppose to happen. None of it." He says getting frantic

   "Draco, this was bound to happen. Our parents are all in this already." Blaise says stepping in.

   "We weren't suppose to turn into our parents." He says storming off to his room.

   "You're not. We're not, Draco." I say stopping him in his tracks.

   "It sure feels like it." He says the continues off to his room.

    "This is all my fault." I say sitting down

    "Hera, none of this is your fault." Pansy says sitting next to me

   "You're doing this for all the right reasons, Hera. And you know it. " Blaise says comforting me.

  "But is it worth it. Draco is losing himself. I'm losing myself." I say looking at them.

  "Let me tell you it's worth it." Pansy says

Comment 💌 Vote ⭐

What do you think is to happen next?
If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment.

Good Morning🌻Evening🌅 Night🌚

❤️💛💙💚 Potterheads💚💙💛❤️