Chapter 8

36. (inspired by Avendrial)

"What the fuck," Tommy deadpanned.

Dream shrugged. "It ups my intimidation factor."

"What the fuck. That's-- no. They're so thick what the fuck--"

"Deal with it."

~~~

"Dream, have you-- ohhhhhkay. I'm just gonna--" Sapnap looked away for a moment and took a deep breath.

Dream crossed his arms. "What? What's wrong?"

"You--" Sapnap gestured, still not looking directly at him. "You have eyebrows. Okay. That's. Okay."

"Sapnap," Dream said slowly, "I've always had eyebrows."

"Not you, your-- your mask." Sapnap grimaced and chanced a glance, then cringed and looked away again. "Yeah, no-- I can't look at them. Are they-- are they fuzzy?"

"Yeah, and stick-on. I got them at a crafts store."

Sapnap let out a hissing sigh. "I-- okay. Please. Please take them off. I can't-- I can't look at you when you have them on."

"They're not that bad," Dream muttered.

"Yes, yes they really are."

~~~

George took one look at him, screamed, and threw his half-finished sandwich at Dream's face. Then he turned tail and booked it.

Dream stared after him, the sandwich sliding down his mask. "Seriously, they're not that bad!"

~~~

"What are you-- are you praying?"

Fundy didn't appear to hear him, hands clasped in prayer as a deluge of Hail Primes spilled past his lips. His eyes were squeezed shut like he was trying to block out a nightmare.

"I'm telling you," Tommy deadpanned. "The brows don't work. Just. Please. Remove them."

". . . I can't," Dream admitted. "I superglued them to my mask because they kept falling off."

Tommy's head snapped towards him. "You-- why the fuck didn't you just use regular glue?"

"Couldn't find any."

37. (credit to akailana)

"We're taking a break this loop."

Tommy squinted at him from across the room. "What, we're just gonna stay in the cell?"

"No, we're running away."

A pause. "Uh. To where?"

Dream shrugged. "Anywhere away from civilization," he said. "We can start a cottagecore arc or something."

A pause. "Cottagecore arc?"

"You know, where people--"

"I know what cottagecore is, Dream, I don't live under a rock."

Dream glanced at the obsidian over their head. "Well, technically--"

"I don't live here, you homeless bastard." Tommy paused. "Oh wait, you're not homeless anymore, are you? You got a nice house made of blackstone--"

Dream rolled his eyes. "Anyways, I was thinking we could build a nice little place away from everyone else and just relax. Thoughts?"

Tommy shrugged. "Sounds good, big man. Been needing a break anyway. How hard can cottagecore shit be?"