Chapter 10

46. the adventures of dreaxter, pt. 5 (credit to curry_powder) 

"Seriously," Tommy deadpanned. "Where the fuck do you get so much glitter."

"I said, I have my sources," Dream muttered, inspecting their handiwork. "Wait, I think this spot needs a bit more. "

"That's not an answer," Tommy grumbled. He stalked over, unscrewed another jar of edible glitter, and threw it all over the casino wall. "Do I even want to know?"

"Do you?" Dream returned unhelpfully. Tommy rolled his eyes as he screwed the jar lid back on, then surveyed their handiwork.

"Think we're done?"

"Unless you want to completely bury Las Nevadas, then yeah, I think this is enough."

"Pog."

"What the fuck?"

Teenager and ghost turned around to see Quackity staring at them. Tommy waved, realized he was still holding the incriminating jar, and hastily shoved it into his inventory. "Heyyyyy, big Q."

"What the fuck," Quackity repeated. He gestured at the casino wall, the ground beneath them, and at the Needle in the distance. All three, along with the rest of Las Nevadas, were blanketed in slightly sticky (for the vertical surfaces), edible glitter. "I-- what-- did you do this?"

"Nope," Tommy lied. "It was like this when we got here."

Quackity looked skeptical. Which was understandable, because as far as lies went, this wasn't exactly Tommy's finest. Thankfully, Dream chose that moment to step in.

"Quackity!" he chirped. The casino owner instantly went three shades paler. "Hi! How're you doing?"

"You're a ghost?" Quackity blurted, then shut his eyes and shook his head. "Fuck, of course you'd come back to haunt us."

"Hey, Dreaxter's not that bad," Tommy butted in. "Still kinda a bitch, but on the level of bitchiness, he's nowhere near Dream."

"Aw thanks, Tommy!" Dreaxter cheered, even as he sent Tommy a look that promised certain death. Tommy was completely unaffected, having long grown immune to The Look.

Quackity paused, a calculating look in his eyes. "You. . . you're not Dream?"

"No," the ghost denied vehemently. "Dream was mean. Or, at least everyone told me he was. . ."

"You don't remember what Dream did?"

Dreaxter shrugged. "I forgot a lot of stuff. Speaking of, where did you get that scar? It looks really cool!"

Tommy winced. Dreaxter really knew how to hit the wrong buttons.

Quackity's hands clenched and unclenched, like he was forcing himself to remain calm. "Thanks," he gritted out. Instead of answering Dream's question, he changed the subject. "So what the hell are you doing in Las Nevadas? Why the fuck did you cover everything with-- with glitter?"

"We didn't cover everything with glitter," Tommy protested. "I told you, it was already like that when we got here."

"Bullshit," Quackity deadpanned.

"I'm serious."

"Tommy, the two of you are literally the only ones here--"

"What, big Q, do you not exist?"

"You know what I fucking mean! And why the hell would I cover my own nation in glitter?!"

"It's a stylistic choice."