Chapter 16

76. (credit to RedWing336)

"Uh, Eret. I don't think I'm gonna fit in there."

Eret looked at Tommy, looked at the narrow corridor leading to the final control room, then looked back at Tommy. "Ah. Couldn't you. . . get out?"

Tommy crossed his arms. "Couldn't you bring the weapons to me?" he countered.

Eret smiled nervously. "We might not be able to get them all in one go--"

"For fuck's sake," Wilbur interrupted. "Just get out of the stupid hamster ball."

Tommy adopted a mutinous expression and took a step back. The giant plastic ball he was standing in rolled with the movement. "Can't make me, bitch."

"I think I can," Wilbur returned, drawing his iron sword. "Shall we test that?"

Tommy bared his teeth. "Bring it."

~~~

"I don't think I'm going to fit in there."

"Can't you just. . . get out of the hamster ball?" George asked, eyes darting between Dream and the tiny space they were supposed to be hiding in. Dream shook his head.

"I told you, getting out isn't an option." He glanced around the final control room. "If I just. . . stood in the corner, do you think they would notice me?"

"Pretty sure they would, yes," Punz deadpanned.

Dream frowned. "But are you really sure?"

Sapnap shuffled over to a wall and calmly began banging his head on it.

77. remix, pt. 3 

Fundy grimaced, glancing over his shoulder. If Tubbo caught him in here, there would be questions, and Fundy wasn't sure if he could come up with a convincing lie. He had to do this quickly.

Pulling open another cabinet, his eyes fell on Court Documents. Convenient. He snatched the folder up and rifled through it, pulling out the 'evidence' Tommy had used to pin the burning of George's house on Dream. A glance-over proved that it was the real deal, and he quickly shoved it into his inventory before covering up all traces of his presence in the office. He had just shut the cabinet when the office door opened behind him, and he whipped around, forcing his bristling tail to relax.

"Fundy?" Tubbo blinked at him. "What are you doing in my office?"

"I was looking for you," Fundy lied.

Tubbo waited, obviously expecting Fundy to explain. When the fox hybrid failed to do so, he raised an eyebrow. ". . . and why were you looking for me?"

"To talk about something."

The second eyebrow rose to join the first. "And that would be. . .?"

"I forgot." Fundy met Tubbo's skeptical gaze head-on, praying to all heavens that Tubbo wouldn't notice his shaking hands.

"You forgot," Tubbo repeated.

Fundy bobbed his head. "Uh-huh. Yep. You know me. Always forgetting things."

Tubbo held his gaze for a moment longer, then snorted and rolled his eyes. "I think that's Ranboo."

"Never know, his memory problems might be contagious." Fundy smiled sheepishly. "I think I'm gonna go home. Some sleep might help."

"You do that," Tubbo muttered, crossing the room and falling into his office chair with a huff. "I'll be in here doing taxes."

Fundy winced sympathetically. "Good luck."