Chapter 27

131. (credit to Firehedgehog and ori)

"Are we sure she's going to fall for it?"

"Shh," Tommy hissed, eyes narrowed. Dream fell silent and sunk a little lower into the bushes they were hiding in.

In the distance, Niki Nihachu circled the chest they had left in front of her bakery, perplexed and slightly suspicious. The loopers watched with bated breath as she tested the latch, then took a step back. Eventually, her curiosity won out.

She opened the chest, and was promptly buried under a wave of multicolored keys. The two loopers observing her winced in tandem.

"Well," Dream said. "Now we know the trap works. By the way, why keys?"

"Ni-key."

Dream sat there for a moment, trying to comprehend what he'd heard. Then he sighed. "Is this what we're going to be doing for the rest of this loop?"

"Dream, big man, I have a hitlist."

~~~

"Can I ask where you got all these tubs?"

"No."

"Okay." Dream flipped a smaller tub over and slid it into the place where Tubbo's nightstand used to occupy. "You know, he's going to be pissed when he comes home and finds all his furniture replaced with tubs."

"Or he might find it funny. You never know with Tubbo."

Dream sighed. "Are you sure this is a good idea? We're painting a huge target on our backs here, and you know how Tubbo is when we piss him off."

"We'll just have to take that risk. Tubbo's name is too punny not to be taken advantage of."

"Hmm. If we get murdered, I'm blaming you."

Tommy just cackled as he wrenched Tubbo's sink out of the floor.

~~~

"Dream. My friend. My fellow traumatized time-looper. Where the fuck did you get all of those."

Dream hummed as he dumped another box's worth of burrs on Wilbur's coat. Wilbur was going to be in for a nasty surprise when he put it on the next morning. "Wouldn't you like to know," was all he said.

Tommy rolled his eyes. "Fine, you bastard. Keep your fucking secrets."

"I will!" Dream finished up with the burrs, tossed the empty box aside, and began filling the pockets with glitter. Tommy stared at him for a long moment, then scowled.

"I'll figure out where you get your glitter one day."

"I'd like to see you try."

~~~

Foolish stared at the stack of papers sitting innocuously in the center of his temple. It had been weighed down with a rock, preventing the wind from carrying it away. He approached, removed the rock, and picked up the first page.

The top of the sheet declared itself to be "Calculus Exam: Basics of Integration". His name was scribbled in the corner, right next to the big red "0/100, FAIL".

"Huh," he said, and incinerated the stack with a bolt of lightning. After all, if there was one thing he'd learned in all his years of living, it was that calculus deserved to burn in hell.

~~~

World Chat

<JackManifold>: guys