Chapter 35

171.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!"

"I can't decide if it's cute or disturbing," Eret muttered, sidestepping to avoid Tommy's flailing arms. "It looks like it's staring into my soul."

"It is," Tubbo assured him. "You want to hold it? We've been calling it a furby, because Fundy is still in denial that he's a furry."

"I am not a furry!" Fundy shouted, hoisting his own furby like he was about to chuck it at Tubbo's head. "And it's not a furby, it's an Autonomous Emotional Support Companion--"

Tubbo nodded. "Yup. A furby."

"I'm not seeing the 'emotional support' aspect," Eret admitted. He frowned as the furby Tubbo had handed him opened its eyes with a mechanical whir. "Is it. . . sentient?"

"Maybe!" said the furby.

Eret stared at it. "Huh," he said, then turned to Tommy. "Hey, Tommy. Do you want to hold it?"

"FUCK NO!"

~~~

"So," said Dream. "Care to explain why the building is on fire?"

"He did it," George and Punz said in unison, pointing to Sapnap. The blaze hybrid squawked like an offended parrot, but when Dream turned to level him with a flat stare, he deflated.

"Look, I panicked."

"You. . . panicked?"

Sapnap nodded. "I was-- I woke up, and my bed was surrounded by these-- by these things." He shuddered, a haunted look passing over his face. "Fuck, I can still see their cold, dead, eyes. . ."

". . . What things?"

Sapnap grimaced. "I-- I dunno what they were, but, they were about this big-- furry, different colors - looked kinda like robots. I'm not sure. They were all chanting in this-- this creepy-ass language. So. So I panicked. And."

"And you set the house on fire."

". . . Yes."

Dream pushed his mask to one side just so he could pinch the bridge of his nose. "Are you sure you weren't dreaming?"

"I don't think I was?"

Dream made a mental note to check if Tommy had done something this loop. The only change they'd made was introducing Fundy and Tubbo to Sam - that shouldn't derail the timeline so early, right?

Right?

~~~

Schlatt walked into his office.

"Hello!" said the fuzzy abomination on his desk.

Schlatt stared at it, then pinched himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

The fuzzy abomination clacked its beak and burped. "Hello?"

Schlatt slowly backed out of his office and shut the door. He breathed a sigh of relief when nothing tried to burrow through the wooden paneling.

"Hello!" said the fuzzy abomination sitting on the floor behind him.

Schlatt screamed.

~~~

"Look, Tubbo, not that I'm not glad to see you again and all, but--" Tommy gestured to the furby, "--why the fuck did you bring that with you?!"