August 1st 2016

You shot up, terrified, to the sound of your obnoxious alarm clock, screaming in your ear.

Damn that alarm was loud.

you tried your best to stop it, clicking random buttons until eventually after 2-3 minutes of struggling, it finally stopped.

'Y/N!! Breakfast is ready!' your grandma shouted from the kitchen, 'Atticus and his Ya-ya are here too! im going to drop you both off in my car because his parents have already left for work, Be quick getting changed!'

wait? Atticus was here so early? ugh... whatever..

you sighed and quickly got changed into your uniform, it was a black skirt, a yellow shirt, blazer and a hat. Way to stuffy, but you had your emergency fan incase you felt faint so that was okay.

you walked down the stairs to see Atticus sitting opposite his Ya-ya at the table.
It has been a few years since you last saw atticus and he looked a lot more grown up, he had Deffinately had a glow up. He looked.. possibly handsome even...

'Hey y/n! You've grown up so much since the last time I saw you!' Atticus said smiling. You got a little flustered as he said your name.

'Okay gotta do a height check real quick sorry' he said as he stood up, walked over to you and compared heights with his hand. 'I'm still taller than you. But you've Deffinately grown quite a lot' he said giggling then he hugged you. 'I've missed you so much!' He said as he squeezed you

You hugged him back, a little shocked. 'We've talked like 9 or 10 times!' You said laughing.
'Yes but that's still enough for me to consider you a friend' he smiled.

His smile was so pretty. It made you blush a little. But you managed to hide it behind a small smile.

'Enough catching up children. You have time for that later! Better eat your breakfast now or you're going to be late for school! And you don't want to be late on the first day of high school. Trust me.' Atticus' Ya-ya laughed, sipping a cup of green tea.

You sat down next to Atticus and ate a bagel with jam and butter.