date?

'so, are you all ready to try some of these so called amazing milkshakes?' atticus said, sounding exited. 

melanie's phone rang and she went to another part of the cafe to answer the call, she came back a few munites later. 

'ugh! sorry guys.. i have to go.. my mum said she needs me to come home right away to babysit my little sister.' Melanie said, looking really annoyed. 

'awhe, im sorry, we can come back here tomorrow instead if you want.' you said, sympatheticly.

'no, no, dont worry about it!' she said, putting her phone away in the pocket of her blazer. she then waved goodbye to everyone and walked out the shop. 

'so, where should we sit?' tamara said, looking around. 

'here looks good!' battie said as he pointed to a table with a high sofa one side and two comfy arm chairs the other side. you all went to sit down, you and Tamara sat on the arm chairs and Atticus and Battie sat on the sofa.

 A lady in a blue dress and yellow apron walked up to your table 15 munites later, carying two of the biggest milkshakes you had ever seen. 

'oh, um, we didn't order this haha' Atticus said to the lady, nervously. the lady put the drinks down, both of them had a straw either side (two straws per drink). 

'Welllll i know that silly, but if you read the sign at the door, it said that couples get a free drink to share, and since you guys are on a double date, here are your free drinks!!' the lady replied. 

'but we're not-' Tamara said, but she was interupted by battie. 

'That's so kind of you! yes we are on a double date actually! how could you guess?' he replied, smiling slightly. You swore you literally saw Tamara's jaw drop, like if it dropped anymore, her chin would be on the floor. she was also blushing like crazy. 

'i just have an eye for there sort of things!' the woman said, smiling, and pressing her hands together, as in prayer but not quite. 'enjoy your drinks everyone!' 

she walked away and you, atticus and tamara were all sat there like a blushing mess, wanting to just die there and then, But not battie, he sat there, casually drinking the drink. 

'i mean, we get free drinks right?' Battie suddenly spoke.

'fair point,' you all said. 

Tamara joined in drinking the milkshake with Battie, blushing like mad and smiling, battie smiled back at her. Atticus then began drinking the drink, but you didn't.

'Are you not going to drink any, y/n?' he said, looking kind of sad. 

'it's okay, im good,' you said, not wanting to feel anymore embarassed then you already were. 

'oh come on! try it! it's delicious!' he said, grabbing your hand on the table. 

he was holding your hand, this dude was literally holding your hand lmao. he then removed it quickly. 

'sorry, i shouldn't force you to, haha..' he suddenly added. 

you suddenly grabbed his hand again and held it firmly on the table. 'you know what! i will!' you said as you began drinking it. 

he smiled and you smiled back. you then realised, tamara had her hand on battie's as well. all of you were a big blushing mess. 

you soon finessed both your drinks and left a big tip. 

you all went your seprate ways, battie going his own way, tamara going hers and you and atticus going another.

you both just reached your road and atticus' phone rang.

 he picked up the phone, listening carefully and casually saying 'yes' every now and again, either way he looked so happy. 

after the call ended, he looked  like he was about to cry of happiness. 

'oh y/n..' he said, looking like he was about to cry of happiness. 

'What is it Atticus? are you alright?' you said, holding his face, he leaned into your touch and he started to cry but you wiped away his tears. 

'my dad's okay..! he's coming home tomorrow!!' he said, hugging you tightly. 

you kissed his forehead.

'atticus i'm so happy for you!!' you whispered hugging him back.