Going to school

(Back to og pov)

You entered the gate to the school with atticus. He looked really nervous, Probably due to the fact that he hadn't gone to school yesterday and was scared to be judged.
You looked towards him.

'Are you alright?' You asked worried. He slowly shook his head and began tearing up again. 'I'm really really sorry. I shouldn't be crying.. this is all my fault..'

You hugged him again.
'It's okay. None of this is your fault. You have the right to cry and shouldn't feel bad about it.'

He smiled and put his head on your shoulder.

After a few minutes, you broke the hug and took his hand.

You both walked to your first period, which you had together. It was Maths.

You both sat down at your seats which were allocated next to each other.

You got out your maths book and pencil case and began doing some of the work.

Atticus nudged his hand next to your thigh, touching it ever so slightly with his pinkie finger. You looked down at his hand and took it, gently. Your fingers intertwining underneath the desk.

You smiled and so did he.

The lesson ended soon after and you began to walk over to your friend group. 

'Is it ok if we don't tell them what happened? Can we just say I was sick or something?' Atticus pleaded.

'Sure. If you're not ready to tell them, you shouldn't feel forced to.' You said and smiled back at him.

You guys arrived at the group and Atticus was instantly bombarded with questions by Debra-jo.

'What happened? Why were you not in school?! You need to tell us before you decide to not show up!!!'

He began feeling a little worried and you held his hand again, which calmed him down.

'I had a cold.' He replied calmly.

'That's still not really an excuse to skip a whole day of education!' She shouted. 

Everyone rolled their eyes.
——————————————————————
Your last lessons were science with Mr McCabe and History with Miss Elmes. Which flew by pretty quickly.

You and your friends planned to meet up to get a drink after school at a new milkshake place down the road.

You all met up and started walking. When you arrived at the coffee shop, you guys entered.