the cafe.

You, Atticus, Melanie, Tamara, debra-jo, Battie and Rory (even though he didn't want to be there) all went inside the cafe. 

'hey, Debra-jo, can we take that booth over there... um.. away from the group..' Rory said, looking at debra-jo nervously. 

'isn't it best to stay together?' she replied. Rory gave Atticus the *please help make this work* look. you looked at atticus, and he looked back at you confused. it then clicked and he understood. 

'That's a great idea! you two can go over there so you can spend some "couple time" together!' atticus said, full of energy. Debra jo looked at Atticus shaking her head really really fast, but Rory was already dragging her away. 

suddenly tamara walked up to you, melanie following her. 

'atticus, could you go for a sec?' tamara said, almost pushing him away, next to battie. 

'i- um..' he replied, stunned. 

'thanks!' Melanie shouted as you, debra jo, you, and tamara ran off to the bathroom (both gender bathroom lol) to have a little conversation. 

you all enterd the bathroom and made sure no one was in there, which there wasn't. 

'okay, y/n we have a question for you.' tamara said, smiling like a madman. you were really really confused. 

'y/n, do you have a crush on atticus?' Melanie said, smiling as well. 

you froze.

shit. how could they know.. 

how..

 you had no choice but to admit to it now.. 

'was it that obvious...' your muttered, your face turning a shade of dark red. you tried to cover it with your hands. 

both of the girls squealed, jumping franticly and shouting 'i knew it! i knew it!' over and over again. 

'shush! keep your voices down!!' you whisper-shouted until they finally shut up. 

'don't worry,  we aren't going to tell anyone, this will be a secret between the three of us!' Melanie said, and you all held hands. 

'lets make an oath, we all tell each other our crushes and promise to never tell? deal?.' Tamara replied. 

'deal.' you said. 'deal.' melanie followed. 'okay then,' Tamara said, taking a deep breath. 'i have a crush on Battie..'

'wait really?!' you and melanie said at the same time. 'yeah.. okay next! melanie! who's your crush?' 

'jake in class 9a' melanie replied very quietly. 'wait, is that the kid who sits opposite us in art?' you questioned. 'is that the kid who sits next to me in history?' Tamara asked. 'yes, yes, that's him haha' Melanie replied. 

the three of you squealed and eventually left the bathroom. 

.........................................................................

atticus' pov.

what just happened. im so confused. what. nevermind. ok. 

when they left towards the bathroom, battie suddenly said 'tamara's really cute isn't she..' i turned to face him, full of shock. 'wait, hold on.. you have a crush on tamara??' i replied, smiling a lot. battie paused for a minuite. 

'yeah.. anyway i think so.'

'since when?'

'graduation, when i saw her in that dress.. she looked so beautiful, i didn't think i deserved it. she looked perfect' 

'woah battie, that's a lot, you really like her eh?' 

'yes i do.'

'then why haven't you asked her out.' 

'i don't know. do you have a crush on anyone atticus?' 

'yes i think i do, i have someone in my life now that makes me feel so special, i don't think i would be able to live without them.'

'who is it?' battie asked. but he didn't get a response. 'is it y/n?' he asked. and atticus nodded ever so slightly. 

'ah ok' he replied, 'you two would be cute together.' 

i smiled, thinking about that. 

'thank you.' 

i then saw y/n and the other's come out the bathroom towards us.