CH13: A Walk Home

Third Person POV

After the club registrations, Light and Eiichiro departed from the main hall towards the classroom when all of a sudden they spotted some of their classmates hiding behind the bushes while they're looking at the two girls standing in front of the school gates.

They looked suspicious in more than one ways. First off, the way they were looking at the girls, it's like they're observing each and every small details about their interactions. 'Are they stalkers? Are they stalking those two girls while they're on their way home?' These kinds of thoughts came to Light's mind when he saw Eiichiro silently joining in the group. 'What is going on here?' Light Thought.

[Light Yagami joined the group.]

Light POV

"Well, then... Let's go home...Komi San."

"..."

Najimi said as the other girl nodded in affirmation. Initially I thought that everyone in the group were stalking the two girls, but now, that I know the truth, I guess it's my bad that I suspected these kind souls. It turns out, that Komi San actually have some problem communicating with others so, Tadano is helping her to make some friends.

I have to say, Picking up Najimi for the job was the best decision he made. Honestly, if there is anyone who could become friends with anyone, it's her. However, right now... the atmosphere looks weird.. As the two girls started moving like a broken robot.

I've never seen her act like that before. Is it because even Najimi is nervous, being around Komi San..? But if that's the case then.. Both of the girls are nervous around each other, and no one knows how to deal with this situation?

Najimi POV

Man, I'm just not good with Komi San. Even though the entirety of student body are my childhood friends, I also met Komi San a long time ago. In my second year of Elementary school to be exact.

That time, Komi San was the only person whom I couldn't befriend. She just ignored everything I said. With that monotonous expression and that sharp gaze. I couldn't bear it.

It shocked me so much that I was bedridden for an entire week. But It's not like I hate Komi San but... when our eyes meet, I tremble.

Tadano Kun said it's a misunderstanding on my part. That Komi San never ignored me, but she didn't have the courage to talk to anyone. Even though I did my best, but it was all for nothing. Eventually, agreeing to Tadano Kun's words, I prepared myself to go home with Komi San. But...

"I'm sorry that I said it's impossible for me to be your friend. I know, it's a bit rude of me.. I didn't mean it.." I apologized to the girl walking next to me. But, the moment I looked at her, she just diverted her face as if she is trying to ignore me.

"..."

"Oh, right! Komi San, do you remember that we've met before, a long time ago?" I tried again, sometimes, bringing up the old memories works like a miracle if you want to talk to someone. And if that memory is a fun one, like you and the person winning a game, or playing a prank on someone, and so on... It automatically brightens up the atmosphere and you can have a long fun conversation with the other person, even though you don't have a topic in mind.

"DUH....!!"

"..."

That was not a response I was expecting! What the hell did you ask me to do Tadano Kun?! You owe me big time!! Well, let's give it a last try.

"B-By the way, You're so popular, aren't you Komi San. Have you got any secrets for me?" This time it should work. Girls love gossips. Especially the one's related to some love affairs.