CH15: A Birthday Invitation

"It's a bit weird don't you think...?" Hiromi asked the group taking a bite himself.

"Yeah... It's somewhat sour and salty at the same time..." Eiichiro replied as he looked at the bowl once again. It's like he is trying to examine the ingredients like an x-ray machine.

"I think it's good Kazuma San." Tadano reassured with a smile. I don't think anyone would buy that.

"My tongue is burning... are you sure it's not expired?" Akihito asked the brown haired boy while he grabbed the box to check the manufacturing date of the product. However, Kazuma is looking a bit annoyed right now. Probably because of all the complaining about the breakfast he prepared.

"Huh! Kazuma San you are treating us to the expired food?! Are you trying to kill me—"

"It's Not!"

With a sharp nudge at the ribs, Eiichiro silenced the overacting Najimi as he took the bowl away from her. Kazuma's expression soften as Najimi curled up in a ball trying to endure the pain.

"What are you all saying? It's great! What do you think Karna?" Akabane asked the white haired boy who was silently finishing up his share while listening to everyone else.

"Yeah, I like it. It's like I am eating some kind of spicy food." Karna commented. Well looking at the two people who enjoy spicy food that much, I guess they are the only ones who are comfortable eating it.

"But still, it's so bad... why are we eating this again?"

"Because I paid for it. Now eat!" Kazuma snapped, shutting down Hiromi as he chew his food once more. Last night, Kazuma asked every one of us to have breakfast at his room. 

Unfortunately Light couldn't join us. But he said he would meet us at the classroom. Currently we are eating the 'Uncle's Love Cereals (Pineapple Flavor )' that Kazuma bought in an excessive amount from the convenience store at the very first day. And to be honest, I am not a fan of this for sure.

"Let's have some chocolates from the convenience store, I don't know if my taste buds are still there or not." Kazuma said closing the door behind as we all got into the elevator. As the chime of the elevator rang true, we were greeted by the sight of a blonde haired girl. Dwindling with her phone, she glances around the main hall before her eyes landed on them. Especially, Najimi.

"Alright my minions, Let's go!" Najimi yanked me out of the elevator, and started marching towards the main gate in an animated manner leading the group behind. The group completely ignored me as I was bodily dragged on the floor. That hurt a little, even for me. 

Noticing our presence, she waived her hand with a smile. Wait, does she know anyone from the group? Looking back at the group, well, looks like no one knows her. No one except...

"Good Morning Najimi San... heading to the school?" The girl asked Najimi who was leading the group with some great enthusiasm. From the way she approached us so casually, without any hint of nervousness in front of a boys group, she seems like an extrovert as well, just like Najimi.

"Good Morning Kushida San, Long time no see!" Najimi waved back, overflowing with excitement as she saw her old friend greeting her. Huh, it's really nice having such good friends who could cheer you up when you need it the most.

"Hmm..." Kushida tilted her head cutely as she looked at me for a second and then at my hand that is being held by Najimi right now. I think she might end up having the wrong idea about us--

"Najimi San, is he your boyfriend...?" Yep. That. Kushida inquired as she leaned in a little towards the girl who looked at me for a moment and...

"No. Ayanokoji Kun and I are just friends." Najimi said as she waved her hand denying the previous statement made by Kushida. So, it seems like I've been rejected by Najimi now. But I was not even interested in the first place, Kushida just got me rejected for no good reason.