New Beginnings (New)

The next few nights went just about the same as the first night. Kaya ate everything given to her and always curled up on the couch to go to sleep. The only new thing that he implemented was physical therapy. Recovery Girl sent a schedule home with him, and he planned to keep Kaya to it. She quietly appeared in the kitchen that morning sniffing the air as he finished putting the rest of the food on the plate.

"Kaya, we need to work with your quirk today." Aizawa said as she ate her food.

"Why's that?" she asked, mouth full.

"Because you need to work on control. While you haven't been trained in school, I believe you have a good idea how to control at least one side of your quirk. But with your malnourishment you need to build up your body and your quirk."

"Okay. When do we start?" She said as she swallowed. Aizawa chuckled,

"After you've finished eating and changed. Meet me outside when you're ready." She quickly finished her food and ran up the stairs to her room. Aizawa smiled to himself at how much she had improved over the last couple days. He could tell her energy was returning and was proud to see a little more weight on her frame. A couple minutes later, he heard the door click shut behind him and turned to see Kaya dressed in one of his old tank tops. He hadn't had time to get her clothes yet, so he offered a few old shirts for her to wear for training days.

"So, what are we gonna do?" She pried.

"Today, you're just going to fly in large circles for half an hour."

"That's it?"

"For now. Stop stalling and get going." She spread her large wings, stretching each feather to its limit, before jumping and bringing her wings down quickly. He'd never seen her full wingspan before and was surprised at how large it was for such a small girl. The beat of her wings caused a large downdraft that Aizawa wasn't quite ready for and was almost thrown off his feet. He could hear her giggle as she ascended and gave her a glare that she couldn't see. After about twenty minutes, Kaya had been flying in circles around Aizawa's neighborhood and Aizawa had fallen asleep on his front porch tucked in his sleeping bag. Kaya heard a commotion on her next round and debated on investigating. She looked down at the sleeping yellow blob and thought what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him. Plus, someone could be in trouble and need help. How could she be a hero in training and not help them? She flew over to where she heard the noise and found a woman pinned against the wall of an ally by a man. The woman cried out again as the man got closer to her. Kaya swooped down into the alley and pushed the shoulders of the man to create distance between him and the woman before ascending back into the sky. The man looked around confused until Kaya dove again to push him further. She took the opportunity to land between the man and woman as a blockade.

"Just turn around and walk away." She shifted her weight but kept her wings prepped.

"Why would I do that? Seems the youngsters now-a-days like sticking their noses in places they don't belong," he said with a sneer.

"I won't ask again. Leave."

"And I'm refusing," he said, pulling out a knife, "Let's see how much of a hero you really are once I'm done with you." She didn't know his quirk or if the knife was part of it, so she had to be careful. She put her arms up in a defensive stance, but her eyes challenged the man in front of her. He charged her with the knife raised, and she put up her wings in defense. She amplified the stiffness of the feathers so that the knife couldn't cut anything. When she heard the knife bounce off, she pushed her wings apart again to throw him back. He was quicker on his feet than he looked and landed with a skid. Gritting his teeth, he tightened his grip on the knife and charged at her again. He didn't get very far before something white wrapped around his ankles and wrists. Aizawa jumped down from a roof and pinned the man to the ground. Sirens could be heard in the distance and soon the area was flooded with officers who quickly took over the situation. Aizawa wrapped an arm around the girl's shoulders and escorted her back to the house before the press had a chance to show up. They walked into the house and Aizawa slammed the door behind him, emphasizing the anger that she could see in his face.

"I thought I told you not to do anything but fly," Aizawa said, glaring at her.

"I was not going to just stand by and watch as someone got hurt. Not when I knew I could do something," she fired back.

"Then you should have woken me. I would've handled it!"

"But I was doing just fine. I was between the culprit and victim, I limited the damage that the surrounding area took, and I was even able to stall so that the authorities could catch up. I didn't even use my quirk to hurt him. What did I do wrong?" she inquired frantically. He could only sigh and pinch the bridge of his nose.

"Kaya, that's not what I'm getting at, listen. You haven't fully recovered your strength back yet and have already exhausted yourself."

"But I'm fi-" she tried to say, but Aizawa cut back in.

"I can see how much your legs and wings are trembling. No, you are not fine. You can't go around anymore being this winged vigilante or whatever you think of yourself. You need a hero license before you can take on crime again. Do you understand?" he asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. She nodded,

"I understand. I'm sorry." Aizawa huffed and pulled her into a hug. They were both a little stiff at first, but Kaya relaxed and hugged back.

"I just wanted to be a hero like my brother," she mumbled. Aizawa didn't respond and decided to just keep the silence.

Twas very warm today

But the sun was shinning 

So today was better

Find Happiness in the little things :)