Still a Monster (Settle the Score Edited)

The next few days were hell for Kaya. Though most of the class had come around, there were still a few that kept giving her shifty glances, like they expected her to attack them at any moment. The Demon was having a field day with her turmoil and barely gave her time to think. It only added to the fire when Iida tried to corner her to talk to him.

"Aurel, please just listen to me," he pleaded.

Look at him groveling. He's so afraid of you that he's trying to be your friend, so you don't hurt him.

"Why should I? So you can convince me not to hurt you? So I can see how afraid you are just because of who my grandfather is? Just leave me alone," she said, storming away from him. He yelled her name a couple times down the hallway, but she ignored him.

Aizawa kept his promise though and announced that they would have one-on-one battles to test how each other adapts in combat. He pulled up a board to show the matchups and Kaya stiffened. Her name sat next to Iida's, and her blood ran cold. The Demon had been getting stronger, and she didn't want to hurt anybody, especially Iida. He might not remember their past, but she did, and he was still important to her. Aizawa dismissed them to change into their training uniforms, and then led them to a large part of the building that opened into a large, padded room with large white rectangles marked out on the floor. There were three matches before hers, so she took the time to stretch and block Him out. Aizawa had noticed her shaking her head a lot the last few days and came over to her, hands in his pockets.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"Hopefully," she said.

"What are you going to do?"

"Try not to hurt anybody. He's made himself known continuously."

"Keep Him out. I know you're strong enough. Just keep your head and don't let your emotions take over." She nodded as the speaker announced their names and walked into the rectangle. Iida entered opposite her with his pants legs rolled up to expose his engines.

"Aurel, can we talk?" he asked.

"Last time I checked, this was a fight," she retorted.

"Training fight," he corrected.

"Doesn't matter. I'm not going easy."

"Then you should expect no less from me." They both readied themselves as the starting bell sounded. Iida rushed her using his quirk to close the distance, but Kaya was faster. She launched herself into the air and hovered out of his reach. He jumped using his quirk to try to reach her, but to no avail. When he tried rushing her again, she used the strength of her wings to create a streamlined wind to knock him back. He dug his feet into the ground, trying to hold his ground, when the wind disappeared causing him to stumble forward. While he was off balance, Kaya used her amplification ability to sharpen her feathers, but this also caused the Demon to fight for control.

Let Me Through! And with one final push, He took over. Kaya was exhausted but she grew scared again when she realized she couldn't move anymore and could only watch. With speed she didn't know she was capable of, she hurtled toward Iida and used her wings to cut into his arms and legs.

"Look at you, you can't even touch me. How do you expect to win?" she heard herself say.

"By not giving up," he spat.

No Iida. Run! Please. Don't hurt him!

Iida felt blood running down his arms and legs and realized the scratches were deeper than he first thought. She really wasn't holding back, but she had grown careless, and she hovered lower than before. There was only one thing left to do. He sprinted around her back and jumped between her shoulder blades. She roared and with a couple of strong beats from her wings, they were high in the sky. She tumbled and rolled trying to throw him off of her as they plummeted back to Earth.