Flashes (New)

(Tenya's POV)

Class was about to begin but when I went to the front of the room to announce it, I noticed that there was an empty seat. I figured Professor Aizawa wouldn't be here because of his injuries, but were Kaya's injuries also so bad that she couldn't make school either? She did look a little shaken up after the attack two days ago. Maybe I should ask how she's doing when I see her next.

"Alright everyone. Sit down, class is about to begin."

"Iida, you're the only one not sitting," Kirishima pointed out. I grumbled as I made my way to my seat. Right after I sat down, the door swung open revealing a crippled Aizawa and Kaya. She looked better than she did two days ago, but her bright wings were still hanging close to her body. Maybe she was still more shaken than she let on. As she passed by me to her seat, I could have sworn that some of her feathers brushed my arm. It was only for a second, so I couldn't be sure, but it was the soft touch that had me reeling.

Professor Aizawa started class talking about the UA Sports Festival. While it was exciting news that the school would hold it like normal, I couldn't help but have my doubts that maybe they should have postponed it while the investigation of the villain attack was active. A quick glance behind me put most of my doubts to rest as I caught a glance of the excitement that sat in Kaya's eyes. Okay, maybe the Sports Festival won't be so bad: plus Professor said that the security would be stronger than past years.

When class ended, Midoriya and Uraraka came over, and we left together. The light in the hallway was blinding, and my vision flashed to white. I thought I heard someone call my name, but the voice seemed to be all around me.

"Come on, Tenya." My vision snapped back before I could find the voice and my head ached. I looked up to a concerned Midoriya and Uraraka.

"Are you alright?" Midoriya asked.

"Yeah, just a headache. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure, Iida? Maybe you should go to the nurse." Uraraka asked.

"I'm fine. I promise."

My head pounded for the rest of the day, and my friends kept bugging me about going home, but I refused. Finally, when school ended, Midoriya and Uraraka all but forced me down my street to get me home faster. I chuckled as I waved and walked in my door. The house was clean, and my mother came to greet me.

"Tenya, how was school?"

"It was great as always at UA, but I'm afraid that I should go to my room to rest. My head has been hurting most of the day."

"Of course. Go rest, and I'll have Ulysses bring up some medicine."

"Thank you, Mother." She gave a quick kiss to my temple before I went upstairs to my room. White filled my vision again as I entered my room, and I stumbled to my bed. A stage appeared before my eyes, followed by a crowd of people. Looking around, my brother appeared behind me with a red-headed boy with wings next to him. They were laughing but I couldn't make out about what. Someone grabbed my arm and started dragging me from them. I couldn't quite make out who it was.

"Come on, Tenya. We're gonna miss him."

"Who?" The crowd split and an avian stood before us. He had large black wings and sharp gold eyes. Honestly, I was chilled to the bone with fear but the girl in front of me squealed.

"Zane!" His eyes snapped to us, and I felt my breath hitch, but she approached with no fear.

"Could you sign this, please?" she asked. The crowd erupted in murmurs.

"Isn't she scared?"

"Why is she asking for his autograph? Doesn't she know what his quirk is?"

"He's so intimidating. How can anyone consider him a favorite?"

"Must be an avian thing." He crouched to her level and took the pen.

"What's your name (sweetheart?)?" he asked.

"Aurel, Kaya," she replied. That's when everything filled in completely. Kaya?

Zane signed the book and handed it back to Kaya before a reporter pushed in front of her and she stumbled backwards.

"Kaya!" I yelled as I rushed to catch her before she fell. "Are you alright?" She nodded but I could see tears start to form in her eyes.

"Come on. Tensei and Winnie will start to wonder where we are." I took her hand and started to lead her away when Zane's voice suddenly rose.

"You want to know why I took over the Aces? What my vision for the future of the team is?" Zane pushed past the reporter and put a hand on Kaya's shoulder.

"Is it okay if I lift you up?" he asked quietly so that only we could hear. She nodded and let go of my hand as Zane lifted her on his shoulder.

"This is why I took over. To connect with and inspire young avians to want to become something bigger than themselves. I want to show them that having a pair of wings isn't the end of the world and can lead to so much more. The Aces may be a stunt group, but we are a hero agency first and will continue to be." Kaya smiled and spread her wings at the end of Zane's speech. He followed, spreading his wings too and smirked up at the girl. He set her down, pecked her cheek, and said thank you. I took her hand again and drug her through the crowd. Tensei waved as we came into view.

"Winnie! Winnie, look!" Kaya called from behind me.

"You got it?!" he asked, just as excited as she was.

"Yes! Zane signed my book and then put me on his shoulders while he talked to the mean lady!" He scooped her into a hug and spun.

"That's great. My snowflake is already starting to make an impact." They giggled, and she ended up on his shoulders. Tensei picked me up too, even though I was eight, and placed me on his. The sun was starting to set, and the colors filled the sky as the show started. There were a lot of fireworks and tricks through the air and some that seemed like close calls. The audience was entrapped, and I couldn't look away. They looked so free with the fireworks sparkling around them. I looked over to Kaya, and she was the happiest I had ever seen. The sky lit up again, and Zane was silhouetted against the wall of fire. Embers fell around them like fire wisps and everything went dark.

I jolted awake and sat up quickly. Sweat was pouring down my face, and I was panting. Everything around me was blurry, and it took me a second to realize I didn't have my glasses. Wiping my face, I focused on trying to control my breathing. What was that? A dream? It felt too real to be a dream, and Kaya knew me before I met her that first day. A memory then? But I hadn't met her yet, right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Iida POV

As my friends say

Things be getting Spicy

<3